Does having a bf/gf really matter to you?

I've been single all my life now I really want a boyfriend. Does it matter to you guys about having a bf/gf or do you not care about being single?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 29

• It would be nice to have a good girlfriend, but it isn't the main focus of my life. Being single has lots of advantages that I really enjoy.

• Well... I do want to have a girlfriend, but usually the amount of efforts and hard work needed to get one, convinces me against even trying!

• not right now

• There are times where I really want one and other times where it is nice to be able to go and do stuff I want to do

• I really dont care. If anything I enjoy being single. I see all my friends in relationships, they have to worry about buying presents, getting approval to go out, having to watch what they say. I do whatever I want when I want, go where I want, buy what I want. Not much incentive to get a girlfriend.

• If you just ``want *A* boyfriend`` so that you'll have "A boyfriend" , then you'll probably still be single for a while. It's nice to be together with someone you mutually like each other with, though.

• well yes i thought a boyfriend was someone who you like and likes you back lmao and no not just to have a boyfriend otherwise i would of had one by now

• I love my girlfriend very much but a girlfriend does not define who I am. I am who I am and if I am ever single again I would be that same man and continue on the same course through life.

• Nope I didn't had and I never want, it's better to guys to be single as teenagers becoz we must enjoy our life first , there's a long way path so we don't need to hurry,

People nowadays just want relationship for sex , does it have any benifits?

Instead of it you can mastrubate.

And also girls tend to be unmature at her teen ages so it's better to keep away as far as possible.

• Not in the least. When you realize that "happily ever after" is only the beginning of the real story, perspective changes a bit.

• Does it matter to me.. no. Does it matter when i see a happy couple walk by and i want that, yes!. Grass is greener, lizard brain mentality, who knows!

• Being single doesn't bother me I actually kind of prefer it in a lot of ways. There are pros and cons to both. And I am comfortable with either.

• Yeah I want one right now.

• Nope. A girlfriend would be nice to have if it's all good, but a bad girlfriend will fuck my shit up.

• I care about it if I wake up alone at Sunday. It would be really cool to wake up together and have a nice breakfast. Sex with someone you know is so much better instead of random encounter-sex.

But if I go shopping I REALLY like being single because I can go and shop when I want and what I want and I smile when I see all those stressed out couples (e. g. IKEA)

• I've been single all my life, i always have wanted a girlfriend but i'm really shy so i never really have the guts to ask anyone i like.

• i'm single been my whole life plus you just don't go and have a boyfriend you need to be like a captain with strategies and life plans

• It shouldn't

But it does

• I really like having a girlfriend. Just to share the silly things with that nobody else understands

• Yes I want one so badly lol

• i go through patches of wanting a guy bad then not.

• are you picky? cuz i can lead u to many nice guys willing to be your boyfriend

• haha where are they because they don't exist in my area

• you've got me there lmao

• Been in too many relationships, I need to be single lol

• Yeah you score really low on the attractiveness scale so you're out of luck

• I am going for a girl, I've never dated before but I know how it works

• This is a stupid question... HEY ARE YOU OK WITH DYING SAD AND LONELY? NOOO? OHHHHHH , WEIRDDDDD

• some people are tho lmao

• Relax lol. I didn't mean to offend you in anyway. I just find it weird that someone would want to be alone forever.. That's just... Terrible.. Why are you asking this question anyway? Is it because you feel this way? You want to be alone forever? I'm not trying to be a dick. I just don't see why anyone would ever want to be alone... I mean like priests and nuns... But they have God... And that's all they need / want in life is to be closer to God... But what other excuses are there to want to be alone forever? Maybe I am just that naive... Maybe your right.. But I wouldn't want that.. And if I met anyone like that I would be fascinated and I would have to try to see it from their point of view... I wasn't trying to be a douche..

• And yea I know it's hard to believe I'm 24 I think it's hard to believe I've made it this far in life.. Lol but that doesn't mean I like it being rubbed in my face hahaha

• I feel very lonely as well, yes.

• I don't care.

• Whats the need for bf?

• Of course it matters, it's like the best feeling in the world to have someone who cares about you and loves you, and anyone says it doesn't matter to them is simply lying cause deep inside he/she needs a gf/bf badly

What Girls Said 15

• I'm one of those people who are usually single. The idea of being with someone and having romantic time sounds lovely. I've been taking a lot of time learning to love myself, be loving, and make the most of my life. Sometimes I want to be romanced and have a guy that will tell me how beautiful I am and make me feel wanted and loved, but I am no rush to make that happen anymore. Every time I rushed that it would go bad really fast. What helps me cope is having supportive and loving friends to hang out with, a cat, making art, being a positive energy magnet, and treating people the way I want to be treated. That attracts the right people in my life, and who knows, maybe one of them will end up being my boyfriend!

• I'm in a relationship and I'm very happy about that, but even before it I was perfectly fine with being single.

• Single for" all your life'? Your only 19...😩

• Right now I'm quite happy being single. Being in a relationship can be fun at first, it's the infatuation stage but relationships take work. It being mostly one sided doing all the work can be draining and stressful.

• I don't care about being single, as you get older you tend you careless about relationships. If it works that's great, if it doesn't then well focus on other things like school or work.

• not matter... you'll find your SO whenever the time is right, don't push yourself for that, it's never a competition. If you're single, treasure your free time, go travel and meet new people. You'll be happier and it's always the best way to meet a partner - it's open up your mind, and you'll always have stuff to talk about or share with others. Coz happy and fun lady traveler is very attractive, trust me ;)

• Nope. I'm happy without one, can't imagine being any happier than I am with one.

• Having a boyfriend is not important to me... Having a boyfriend who complements my life is important to me. And I personally think you're better off single until you meet someone who does compliment your life and adds value to it

• I don't do relationships

• Nah. Right now I've had a few guys ask me to hangout this weekend. 😁 I don't really want a relationship. I want to hangout with different people each week

• before I didn t but now I want one.
    like I feel I have smthng to give lol :P

• At this point in my life I really wish I could have the dating experience

• I like having bfs. It's fun to be with people, so yes it does matter to me.

• Honestly, I've dated a lot of people and just hooked up with a lot of people and you should never feel more valuable just because someone is confirming it for you. There's nothing wrong with being single. Your not leftovers or promiscuous etc.. maybe you just haven't met them yet or don't feel like it.

• I'm not going to lie, having a boyfriend would be nice. Sometimes, when I'm walking on the street and I see couples holding hands , I wish I could do the same. And I get jealous of them :(

The problem is that I'm interested in someone who lives in another country and I can't be with him now.
    I'll do my best to be with him and hopefully we will be together in the future.