Should I ask my tutor out?

I'm 18 years old and a freshman in college. Okay, so there is this guy who has been tutoring me in organic chemistry and physics. He charges students for tutoring sessions. He is a post-graduate student studying for his PhD. Throughout out this semester, I had a lot of meltdowns, anxiety attacks and experienced homesickness. He helped me through it all, both emotionally and academically. He is 25 but I don't think the age gap is that significant. I can't imagine him with other women. One day a female TA was flirting with him and I felt extremely angry and jealous. Would it be inappropriate for him to date me? Our relationship won't get in the way of tutoring sessions though.

Most Helpful Guy

• A freshman. There is a high chance of getting rejection, even if you are really pretty.

But he may see you as a mentor since he's helped you through meltdowns and other personal things and he would see that as taking advantage of you, and he may not go out with you, even if he is interested. Just ask him you have free extra movie ticket your grandma gave to you, and ask him if he wants to tag along to the movies with you and some friends. Make it seem like a group event and ask if he wants to tag along. If he says no he can't, you won't be embarrassed. If he says, yes, then when you go to the movies... all of your friends just happen to bail on you and its just the two of you lol

Most Helpful Girl

• umm... I guess throw him some apples so he know you like him!

What Guys Said 3

• Is he just a private tutor and not paid through the college? If so then go for it if you want. If he rejects it may be awkward having him tutor you though and you might end up wanting to get a new tutor.

• You should do it. Ether way it won't hurt anything.

• bait

What Girls Said 1

• Yes it would be extremely inappropriate of him to date you. And yes, your relationship WOULD get in the way of the lessons. Like if you're fighting, or otherwise getting off track by being too flirty and affectionate. It would be a clear distraction. Don't ask him out while he's still tutoring you. If you have to do it, do it after he's done tutoring you. Otherwise it would be incredibly unprofessional and if people found out, it could affect his career since people wouldn't be able to trust him or take him seriously.

• He's tutoring her, not TA'ing, so presumably any relationship would have no impact on her grading. Though it might be very distracting.