Guys, if a girl you're really into rejects you, are you no longer interested in her?

About a week ago, I went on a second one on one date (every other time we went out it was with friends or a double date; he's kinda shy) with this guy that I really like. We have been talking for a month now and things have been going good so far. Our last date didn't end so well because he wanted to hook up but I couldn't (time of the month) but I obviously wasn't going to tell him that. I just told him I couldn't and I kinda came off like "don't touch me" in a way. If I wasn't on my period I totally would have hooked up with him because I am super attracted to him and he's a very nice guy. He's a relationship type and I've been told by others that he really really really likes me, and he too has told me that he likes me. But I haven't heard from him since and I think he's mad or embarassed. I know guys are sensitive about their ego's and take rejection to heart. Is there any way I could get him back? I sent him a text last week that joking around with him and calling him a loser, not sure if that was a smart thing to do, but I'm also not sure if he got the text. What can I do to get him back?

we call each other "loser" all the time though. and wouldn't it be gross if I told him the truth? Is there any way I could get him back?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• You may have lost him due to the combo of rejection and then jokingly calling him a loser if he got the text. Generally if a girl just says no and becomes some what stand offish like you did that may have told him that you liked him, but were not interested in going further which like you said would have done if not for your period. You could try apologizing and explaining that the night you guys had your date you would have hooked up with him, but it was not the right time and you would be interested in another date or chance

What Guys Said 5

• Well you are the guy and you know she isn't into you you loose the best reason to really want to be with her. It's the perfect explanation is its just "awkward". If you are even around her as the air just feels tense.

• If she rejects me, I'd try to shut down this 'crushing' asap and move on, so yeah maybe interest might go away

• tell the truth next time.

• Of course. The woman isn't into me so why should I continue to be interested in her?

• So you physically rejected him and by not telling him the truth why, you emotionally rejected him and then you called him a loser? I wouldn't want to talk to you either.

• wouldn't it be gross if I told him the truth?

• Depends on how you say it. "It's that time of the month" would be just fine.