Guys, would you reject a woman who asked you for your number?

If you would reject her, please explain why. Thanks.

27

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the situation - I would have a conversation with her and see what way it was going - I would give her my number but keep an eye on the communication between us, if I felt that she was more into it than me I would say because I have been in her situation before and I think I would have appreciated the honesty of someone saying I just don't like you that way instead of rejecting you straight off or ghosting you.

What Guys Said 26

• OMG, no way! I would be filled with admiration for her, since she actually dared to break that unsaid rule of men always making the first move! :)

• I did it once, got rejected so maybe there is a reason for this rule?

• Let me be honest with you. If a guy was interested in you, then you approaching first will certainly NOT make him lose interest. If that happens, he isn't really the guy you would want to be with long term, because he may wish to take charge always, and give you no freedom in the relationship.

• Yeah I was thinking the same thing actually after this whole thing happened. I kind of felt like he was under the impression that I wanted to use him because he had a higher position than me in our company. But that wasn't my intentions at all. He was the one who offered to teach me work related material during our encounter. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so over analytical lol yeah I'm an accountant in the making... Then maybe I thought it was the age difference or the social difference. Not sure if any of these things matter but we were three years apart. You're most definitely right though.

• Even if she was completely unattractive, I'd still be inclined to accept her request and give her my number. Nothing wrong with having purely platonic relationships with members of the opposite sex, expanding one's social circle.

• depends on if i am attracted on her or not. if not, i will reject her as kindly as possible... maybe the good old "i have a girlfriend" or something.

• Nope, because not every phone number results in a relationship.. And I don't get asked for phone numbers too often :P

• What I mean if she asks me just like that out of nowhere?

I mean firstly that's not possible, and if at all that happens then naturally I will wonder she is asking that, and so I will politely refuse her and I won't give my number.

• Let's say the scenario was that you two are coworkers and you have approached her in the past (you know engage in friendly conversation). so let's say one day she comes up to you and asks you for your number, in this scenario would you say yes or no?

• What makes you fear commitment? You're 28, don't you feel like eventually time will catch up with you? Its okay, I know what you mean, I would only give a guy my number if he truly wanted to be only friends. I think being friends is always the best start.

• What makes me fear commitment?

Well that's hard to explain, very hard but yes I have my logical reasons for that as well. Yes, I know I am 28 and age will catch up with me, so what happens? I know that will happen, but I don't care about that. I have already planned my life.

• I think women have the equal chance to flirt or ask for friends. It doesn't require the Y to ask a question. Though if the guy isn't interested he also has the right to decline.

• 0|0
  • Not likely, nope. I'd actually would feel more attracted to her if she asked my number.

• Some women I would and some I would not. It depends how attracted to her I am.

• Assuming this is a dating scenario... Yeah, I could reject her offer based off of a lack of interest/attracting.

• I would. I'm taken.

• Really depends on why she wants my number. So I would ask her why she wants it. If she said it's because she finds me attractive, wants to date or to get to know me better; it would be a no. I don't date and don't really have time or interest in women who want that.

• That isn't your interest at the moment? What happens if she said she wants to keep in touch, kind of like friends?

• I guess I would feel that way about a guy constantly messaging me about stupid stuff as well. Sometimes I think men a women aren't meant to be friends.

• They're not. I mean they usually have different interests and they behave differentlyrics in social situations and eventually one or the other will want more. Only way it is possible is if both have no interest in each other but at that point why would they be friends.

• If I don't find her attractive, yes.

• Right now i would take anyone , lonely nights

• No I wouldn't. In fact a girl asked me for my number last week. I gave it her, we texted a few times then she went quiet for a few days. Whats point in asking for a guys number if you're not gonna keep in touch. I mean it must have taken her courage to ask me in 1st place?

• That's pretty odd actually, I think personally women ask men for their numbers for two reasons, she either needs you for something or she likes you. Usually I wouldn't bother asking a guy for his number unless I was interested but I have to like him a lot to actually contemplate on doing so since I'm really prideful.

It could also be maybe she got back with her boyfriend... Then again I've encountered the same situation the past. This guy I met ik college would constantly ask me for my number knowing I had a boyfriend so one day I decided to actually give him my number after the third try and he never texted me back...

• I might

• Only if I didn't find her attractive and wasn't into her.

• If I don't like her then yes

• If I was not interested/ attracted to the girl then I would reject her

• That would never happen to me

• Depends on what she wants.

• Nope

• Not usually as long as I was interested.

• Lel why dafuq would we do that? there's a shortage of women compare to men. I doubt it.

• I am not well endowed, so I would not give a random woman my number, even if she asked... No point in going through that heartache.

• If she is good looking and I like her... no... I wouldn't reject