Is it a good idea to ask a guy out?

I have never been in a serious relationship before and I am still a virgin. Guys do approach me but most of them are not really my type. I'm thinking of asking a guy I like out now, but im not sure if he's still single. I also don't know what to say if he rejects me... Haha that would be awkward for sure!

Most Helpful Guy

• Life is trial and error, when you fail, you don’t hate yourself for failing but make up your mind to be successful next time. There is no harm in asking a guy out and if he turns you down, it is part of the lesson, ask him how about next time, if he says no, still be friends, no hate but love in everything. That is how to be good in the game of love.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can totally go for it, rejections do happen but we only learn from them.. first you have to see if you kinda have his interest, approach him in a friendly matter ask him what his doing in the weekend and ask if you're invited. Or just pop the question.. trust me, you got this

What Guys Said 10

• Go after what you want and if you get rejected it happens. Try not to take it personally it just was not meant to be

• Aww what should I say if he rejects me?
      Oh, okay thank you? Haha

• Basically :p I usually say something to the effect of oh okay have a nice *insert time of day* and move on with doing something else

• Yes, definitely approach him if you are interested. Many guys are really shy, myself included, and it can take way too long sometimes to work up the courage. You can just ask him if he wants to hang out sometime and see what he says if you are not comfortable asking him on a date.

• YESSSSSSS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YESS BECAUSE IF YOU DONT HE MAY NEVER ASK YOU AND REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE

• Do it... we are sick and tired of making the first step and if he isn't a douche he will try NOT to hurt your feelings IF he rejects you... even though there is no such thing as a painless rejection (be a girl or a boy)

• go after what you want. if they turn you down welcome to the world of rejection.

• you will regret it if you dont, trust me

• What do you have to lose? Give it a try.

• Did you read the content of my question?

• Ugh! I'm scared 😭 Haha

• Lol it's supposed to be scary, just focus on the positives of him saying yes for now :P

• LOL you poor poor thing. Must be really hard being female. Sarcasm.

• Yeah, welcome to the man's world, suck it up and do it.

• " I also don't know what to say if he rejects me... Haha that would be awkward for sure!"

Mainly what I was referring to

• it's going to be awkward unless he thinks you're attractive, and even then there's a chance he probably only wants you for sex

welcome to 2016

What Girls Said 1

• Well I would say go for it in all my relationships I have asked the guy out cuz its not always the guys job but first get to now him a little better hangout maybe talk to him start a conversation and see how things work out