Opinions on open relationships?

there's this girl im really into and it turns out she's into having a open relationship to see her options but thats not really my jam.
I ended up walking away but we remain as friends which is good.
But id just like to know what are your experiences or opinions on open relationships?
Do they work? Do they not work?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would never consider an open relationship. That would be a deal - breaker for me. I am only interested in a mutually committed relationship. Why be someone's other when you can be someone else's only.

Most Helpful Guy

• Circumstantially.

I don't condone nor endorse open relationships. I don't like sharing my women, and I only stick my dick in only one woman at a time, and I better be commited to that woman, first.

That being said, it is circumstantial to either the confidence level, jealousy level, and potentially both of your affinities.

Here is the deal:

People always have preferences. Even in an open relationship. You can potentially find yourself in a situation a friend of mine had, before his divorce.

They were in an open relationship. His wife preferred one of her side lovers, more than him. Guess who barely got any action from his wife? Well, he got sick of it, and asked her to leave the guy. She refused and left him. He initiated the divorce. Now, he is divorced and is getting no action, at all.

So, that is the worst case scenario.

What Girls Said 4

• I personally find them dumb. If you're in a relationship with someone then you should just be with them, and not be if you want to still sleep around.

• For some people it does. It honestly depends on your personality type. It's not as unusual as people believe. If it is ok with both partners then it can work and work well.
    I am not one of those people

• If you've already decided you don't want one then don't try it. You'll just find out that you really don't like it. You have to be okay that your woman is going out and fucking other men.

• Open relationships aren't really my thing.

What Guys Said 3

• I would probably be the same as you - I couldn't do it - With things like this all participants must be totally into it for the relationship to work - You would want to talk to @laurengrace about this

• I'm all for people having the right to any kind of relationship they want as long as they're consenting adults. Having said that, I don't think I would be very happy with that arrangement.

• Not a fan of them, and won't ever be in one.