Why are so many women into older men?

I just want to know, what's the appeal? Sometimes I'll get matched with a really hot girl but she's significantly younger than me, I feel like she only swiped right because dating an older guy is some sort of "social status" thing.

Bummpppp

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot has to do with mental maturity. Since guys tend to lag behind girls in mental development, it's natural that is a girl is looking for s serious relationship, she's going to want someone on the same mental level and more mature.

OR, it's possible she's looking for someone to take care of her financially, and older men tend to be more established.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a "daddy issues" thing 90% of the time

• Not that there's anything wrong with women like that. If it weren't for them I wouldn't get laid lol

What Girls Said 2

• I don't really get it either, every guy I've been interested in has been younger than me. I guess older = more mature?

• I feel like the judgement of women is a lot less harsh with older men. Many of the young men I have met and known want the skinny girls and don't think about what that girls personality. Also these guys tend to be more appreciative and just treat women better. I'm not saying that girls should always date older men. This just happens to be the reason to why a girl may do such a thing

• Lol, this is totally untrue...

What Guys Said 1

• Daddy issues. Also the same way with how men go after older woman. Some humans are kinda fucked in the head