DO GUYS LIKE GIRLS WHO MAKE THE FIRST MOVE?

I'm just wondering.

I've made the first move before with guys, either kissing them first or give them my number or "hint" we should go out for drinks. I'll only do this if I have a pretty strong feeling the guy's interested in me after we talked, not just with anyone lol. I do get nervous when I do this but like I said, only when I'm sure. I've actually only done this 3 times (read above) LOL but all three of those times I was about 98% sure the guys liked me.

I've never approached a guy or anything really headstrong like that, but I will ask a guy out (subtly) if I like him enough and I think he'll say yes.

Me personally I don't see anything wrong with it other than I'm just accelerating the process. But i don't know if that's a good thing 'cause a lot of girls think you should play hard-to-get.

What's a guy's opinion on a girl making the first move?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I wouldn't say what you're doing is "making the first move" as much as just "general higher order" flirting. But to answer your question, as a cautious dater, I personally really appreciate a girl that goes for those "high risk", yet still sort of subtle, moves along the road to relationship. Clear interest from the side of the girl will most definitely increase how comfortable a guy is with you and will likewise, makes him more comfortable to reciprocate "higher risk" moves with you because his risk is being mitigated by yours (and vice versa). Making the first move, of course does come with risks, but as you said:

all three of those times I was about 98% sure the guys liked me

you seem to know how to evaluate your risk well. Making the first move, of course, has to be tactful b/c the probability that a movie style, let's go out on a date lack of suitableness can be a very dangerous and strange option indeed. Making the first move definitely has to have the right ratio of subtle and obvious. Hitting the right balance with the little tilt of obvious can drive a guy nuts in a good way.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe so cuz they are lazy! hahah!

What Guys Said 15

• Yes, 95% of guys will go with a girl that approaches them, but one of the the most important things is the style of approach. Some guys will be fine with a girl being extremely aggressive when trying to flirt with a guy. Others, like me and by the way this is truly unbiased will prefer a subtle, "hello"

• I prefer women who make the first move. Makes it infinitely easier on me to carry a conversation if she opens a conversation or presses for a kiss or even for sex. I don't feel like I have to wonder if she finds me attractive.

• You bet we do!!!

• It turns me on more if the girl makes the first move or is more aggressive towards me. Obviously, though, only if I like her and am attracted. If not, then it can be annoying if she won't stop. Very annoying.

• I love it.
    It shows me that she's interested and has her shit together so she won't be playing games.

• as a shy guy... I LOVE IT.
    if you are interested in the guy... sure do it, no reason why you'd have to wait for him making the first move

• If a girl plays hard to get, I'll never be with her. So yeah, for me, it's OK for a girl to make the first move.

• Yep i think its pretty cool. And also tells me she really likes me with no game playing which is a huge plus!

• duhh

• Yeah to me she is showing interest in me so I take it as a compliment. I see her as braver than most.

• Honestly I prefer it.

• I love it when a girl makes the first move. Most because I am not one to chase, so let me know you like me and I'll return the favor every time.

• Yes, guys like it when gurls make the first step.

• Not enough of you do it. The ones that do, good job. The ones that don't, stop making us guys do all the work and pick up the slack on your end.

• 0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Of course they do, some of them are too scared and they like girls who take initiative :)