I accused my boyfriend of cheating?

Okay, so I heard a few things and or rumors about my boyfriend liking another girl & that he was supposedly flirting with her & the girl is my friend.

I heard it and I was really mad, and it became overwhelming. And I did something stupid, but I was so mad because I have dated this guy before, but last time I heard something about him talking to a different girl & he apparently "liked" her. I never found out if that was true or not though.

Anyways I tried to break up with him & he kept asking me why, and I told him that I couldn't trust him. And I told him about the rumors I heard and he said he talks to my friend, but he doesn't like her. And then I asked him about the other girl & apparently it wasn't true either.

So I pretty much falsely accused him of cheating. But my friend never told me that she ever talked to him at all, why would she not tell me about that? I mean they don't talk at school but supposedly they text.

But it went on from there, and I apologized several times & I feel like trash, because I knew he was a good guy but the rumors just became so overwhelming that I did something stupid. And I told him that I didn't blame him if he wanted to break up with me, I mean I would have if I was him.

But he said he wasn't going to break up with me. Is there anything I can do to make this situation better? Because I feel really bad & I totally regret doing that. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop listening to other peoples lies you simply cannot live you life based on rumors. Your boyfriend was talking to your friend and they both go to the same school, that is 100% normal for people to talk and text each other. People who spread rumors are usually bored, immature, jealous or a combination of the three.

If you see suspicous texts or he starts acting weirdly then thats another matter, but for now just say sorry you accused him and hopefully he'll understand and that will be that.

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds to me as the situation is already better. just move on.. i mean you can say sorry one more time but if he says it's okay then just forget the incident ever happened.

What Guys Said 7

• Well that's why it is always said that you should never trust rumors, no matter how believable they may seem. Hope you will learn from your mistake.

• I would say this situation is done with but if anything like this happens in the future handle it differently don't accuse ask and talk to him first that's always the best thing to do.

• Do not depend on rumours but reality. If you are a good girl then keep being one, one day the truth shall come to light.

• Just leave it be.

• you should ALWAYS have hard evidence before making an accusation like that, that being said, if he's not making a big deal out of it, move on, there is no sense in discussing it further

• Well you don't have proof that he didn't cheat still. I'd keep a keen eye if I were you.

• So you got angry because your "boyfriend" was talking to another girl... Oi Vey.
    I suggest you wait until you are 16 to get into a relationship. You need to mature a little, in all honesty. This will only sere to be a point of embarrassment in the future.
    Trust me, i am older and i have had more experience.

What Girls Said 1

• Why is your friend even hiding that they talk? That's not right! That's not a good friend.