Why are girls not getting approached? You mean why arn't guys getting approached?

Im pretty sure guys are done approaching women this generation just because they are sick of being exiled when theyre turned down. You look at us like a sick dog when you aren't interested. Just say nono smiles i have a boyfriend. at least that way you dont crush our spirit. Im not hating im doing quite fine. This sounded more of a take but seriously why dont girls do more approaching then? Stop complaining about it and get out there yourself.

I specifically am receiving a lot of hate. Let me tell you im committed to the woman im dating. Im not butthurt from being rejected the times i was because i could give two shits. I am just sick of women complaining about it when they dont have to do any of the work. Im not saying all girls are complaining but I've seen like 5 posts about it in the last hour which is a lot / volume

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the queen of approaching guys. Doesn't always work in my favor but when it does, it's great. A lot of the guys I've approached loved the fact that I approached them and had confidence to do it - especially enough confidence to show my interest in them without them having to pursue me. Though, it is nice being pursued every now and then.

What Girls Said 6

• People need to start taking personal accountability instead of trying to lump one gender together to feel less alone in their own problems. Instead of addressing an entire group of strangers whom you have never even met and don't truly know the full extent of their experiences with this, you and others need to dissect your own experiences so that you can have better results.

If a woman or man doesn't want you then get over it. Get thicker skin and stop being so damn fragile when someone is not interested in you romantically. It's like some people expect to always be told yes or act like they've never been told no before so their entire self-esteem collapses and they fall into a pity party when they don't get their way. Get over it. Even the most talented, awesome, attractive people get told no sometimes in life. It's apart of life. Toughen up and work towards more solid confidence if you (whoever is reading this) are one of those people.

@Rufus335 There are plenty of women who approach men. I've seen it so many times at parties, events, clubs, social gatherings, weddings, etc. I've done it before myself. If a woman has never approached you or any other guy then it's most likely because she's very shy/may have social anxiety/low confidence or the guy doesn't have an engaging presence that makes her want to go up to him and introduce herself.

• I don't see anything wrong with turning down a guy because we're not available.
    &Some girls do approach guys as well. Like myself, for example.

• Thats what i just said. my point was dont be a dick about it

• see thats it! dont act like its a blow to our ego, it shouldn't be! Dont be mean dont be sad for us, its makes us feel more stupid.

• hah guess where that's a big difference between girls and guys. But yeah.. for future reference, girls who look at you in that way after they turn you down do it more out of sympathy or whatever than in a negative way. If they do mean it as a look of disgust, you're better off without that girl anyway so win/win. 👍

• Guys are getting approached all the time nowadays. Hence, girls ARE doing the work too. Like guys and girls, we all have different personalities. Some are shy and some are not. So for shy people, girls and guys, it will be hard for them to attempt to pursue someone.

The tradition is that guys will approach girls. It's been like that forever until just like 2 decades ago. Especially if you're brought up in family where the old traditions and customs are valued, girls are supposed to keep to themselves. You can just expect ALL of us to just break away from what we've valued all our lives.

So to say that we should quit complaining and just get out there ourselves is a bit insensitive. Some of us are not complaining, but just flustered and disappointed that the girls who are getting approached nowadays are probably the types people would look down on so much just 20-30 years ago.

Hooking up and flirting on the first meet, and showing how accessible you are to the men isn't necessarily the way some women want to do in order to approach men.

We know how guys feel. We're all humans. We all feel the same shame and nervousness.
    But since it's been the custom that guys initiate, it shouldn't be too out of this world for them to continue the custom, right?

• girls dont do more approaching cuz traditionally it has never been as such. as things are shifting and gender roles and expectations are slowly being redefined, some things have changed a lot... like splitting the bill and both parents working for example. but what do u expect? even on modern disney channel, the boy asks the girl out. the girl who isn't asked out feels like a loser (which is why u hear girls complaining) and the boy who is scared to ask out or is rejected feels like a loser. girls and boys see all that growing up, they see guys in the news proposing to their girls in creative ways. we're surrounded by it. what else r they gonna think dude? we feel how we feel cuz of how we're brought up.

even in harry potter, ron says to hermione something like "when a bloke doesn't have a date to the ball, its one thing. but when a girl isn't asked out its just sad." it's current culture. u can't expect all things to suddenly change.

• i think everyone misinterpreted my question and got all butthurt. My point is that ladies should stop complaining that guys aren't approaching them if they themselves are not approaching guys either

• I've been itching my head and your last couple lines make so much sense tho. I've come to the conclusion that guys only approach girls out of their league, and same with women. Plain and simple. wow our society is shallow superficial and fucked up

• o dang ur the first guy who has heard me out. seriously... thanks for that lol. yeh guys and girls traditionally face different rejection and actually both do selection in dating. guy feels it when he's told "no," and girl feels it when she's ignored or unnoticed. but yea we are all pretty fucking superficial and attach a lotta self worth to it. to some extent its cool and natural... whatever tantalizes our senses lures us in. pretty things/people. nice smells. good music. but idunno. we've got one life. might as well try to do something instead of complain for too long, u know?

• It's such a shame. You're so goodlooking and young but your bitterness just ruins it.

What a waste.

• Haha im not bitter at all. Maybe im just a bad writer, but my intent one this question was taken in completely the wrong way. im not bitter about any of this and could care less, i just wanted to see how many women would say they do approach guys. and i wanted to see some angry girls complain about guys not approaching them. i have no reason to be butthurt, im happy dating who im with and dont need girls hitting on me. just wanted to ask a social question

• Omg, are you playing dumb? Or are you just legitimately dumb?

• Who wants to be normal @anon girl

• Don't know about that. Guys approach me often, guys approach my friends often, guys approach my sisters often. I see guys approaching girls around me all the time too.

• im just seeing a lot of women post questions referring to why they aren't being approached. i believe its more specific to the individual. Which is why i asked

• It's just this site. Same as all the guys who are old and virgins on here. In real life, majority of guys in their late twenties aren't virgins and majority of girls do have guys approaching them. I've noticed that in terms of relationships and sexual things, this site doesn't always reflect real life very well. On here, it's normal to be a 29 year old virgin who's never been kissed, never gets approached and never approaches anybody either. In real life, it's not.

What Guys Said 3

• "I am just sick of women complaining about it when they dont have to do any of the work." #ThankYou www.reactiongifs.us/.../clapping_ken_toy_story.gif

"OMG why don't guys approach me?"
    "Why do guys approach me in the ___"
    "Why are men so creepy while going about approaching girls?"
    "How do I get ___ to approach me at school?"

Like STFU and be happy that you're even getting approached at all. Since not only do men have to do the approaching, we never get approached if at all (not talking about me personally, but just the average/ugly looking guys of the world). So don't go complaining about how we as men go about doing so. Since all the average girl does is just sit there, look cute, judge how much game __ has and then either accepts or reject him without any risk to herself haha.

• Like im sure men would happily trade places with females in the "dating game" lol...

• Girls do approach guys though. But only the guys who they see as studs and kinda unavailable because they are surrounded by so many girls.

• this is pretty true, or they just feel more comfortable cuz there's a bunch of girls around him. he's not sleeping with all of them but sadly yes they all will only settle for that one guy or his friends. which i why i like being friends with that guy

• Lol I've always been that guy who's hung out with many players and all but I've never been with a girl or even kissed one. So being friends with that guy doesn't guarantee that girls will be into you haha.

• Your right dude!! I hear it to but they dont wanna do anything bout it. And unless your mr. Fucking america they dont want you to approach them or talk to them.