Ex and I are taking things slow. What now?

My ex boyfriend and I have reconnected again and we decided to take things slow and to see if getting back together would be something good for us both. We've been hanging out about once a week for the past month. I'm happy that we're taking things slow. I think it'll give us a chance to continue to be individual people while easing our way back into a potential relationship. We've both been very mature about the whole thing and I am proud of us both.

I'm just nervous that we aren't moving forward. We have been spending time with each other doing things with his friends or watching movies at one of our houses. Yes, we're going slow, but I don't want to be stagnant. I'm a little anxious that he is never going to get to the next step of wanting to be in a relationship with me. We've talked about it when he brought up the subject and he's taken initiative in making time for me and having fun with me. That being said, I'm still nervous about it. I feel very guarded because I've been hurt before, but I'm confident that our relationship is something worthwhile, given we both put in the effort.

I want to talk to him about taking another baby step, like going on a romantic dinner or doing something that is more relationship-y. I'm hesitant to do so because I don't want to push him away. I just want things to move forward without overstepping. Should I talk to him about the way I'm feeling or just ask him if he would like to go to dinner?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Just because Two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't make up and that it is Good-bye, my love forever. And with an EX who still wears an X in Your Heart and His, there may come a time down the fine line When... I want to talk to him about taking another baby step.
    The First Big step has beeen accomplished so far. You both are back together as perhaps Not this couple of Yesterday but in a nother Way... Something that could very well turn into a 'More relationshipy.'
    However, you are saying tha tit is just a slow "No go" and you wantto make things go Further with taking this Other Next 'baby step' but of course, are antsy to do the right thing or have it end up The... Wrong thing.
    He is most likely Comfy and cozy in what you Both have now and is in no big hurry at the moment. You both sound Exclusive but Not again Official and with this, it might take some doing so you do not go barking up the wrong tree with thee.
    Suggest a nice dinner for This Valentine weekend and see what he says. If you both have been hanging around the house and not painting the town red, this Much you should speak to him about. It is not Healthy to just stay in and this could become a problem pattern where it will not get You Anywhere with any other Dare.
    If he refuses, then it is time to do some soul searching that He just may Not want anything more but to stay put, keep things as they are and not be two birds of a feather, right now anyways, who stick together with anything but this little nest that he is happy and content to be in With... Having fun with me.
    Give it a little more time to nurse and nurture something here, dear, but there should be a time that if he can say One thing, then you should be able to say what you feel and to find Out... What is our deal?
    Good luck. xx