Am I unrealistic if I'm looking for an athletic girlfriend?

I've always been a little shy but I feel like I'm extroverted enough now where I can start dating. I started to make an expectations list and found out it was pretty short: engaging personality and athletic. Also, another point. Ever since I was young I've been attracted to flat stomachs: not necessarily six-pack abs, but soft and flat. That is the only other thing on my list (which I assume would go along with being athletic and eating right), but that is another very important piece. I've come to find out I can't be turned on by non-atheltic girls. That's just my preference. With all that said, are those unrealistic expectations?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's your preference. You at least know what you want, which isn't a bad thing, but at the same time might be limiting yourself. Or might not, I don't know what it's like where you live, there might be a lot of athletic women there.

• Is the gym a good place to meet women though? I've heard yes and no. What do you think?

• Well, maybe. When I work out at the gym, I have my earbuds in, listen to music and focus on my routine. I am not there to meet guys. There might be other women that are, though.

Most Helpful Guy

• Im not gonna comment on ones preferences and be critical or judgmental, you do you:

what I will say is - depending what you're looking for you'll find those people based on those activities your specify.

rec center, gym, physical activities, like runs or anything of the sort.

Anything with fitiness, outdoor activity or health at a central point will at least tilt you in the direction towards girls centralizing on these interests, meaning their physicial state may or may not reflect their lifestyle, or at least, their chance for that to is higher.

What Girls Said 4

• unrealistic? no. you're limiting yourself a bit though. and i hope you also take care of your body/eat right because doubt a girl who is really athletic would like a guy who is lazy and whatnot.

• Thank you for that. I'm 165 pounds and I eat a lot of vegetables and white meat. Should I just hang out at the gym more often?

• No, "gym rats" are not attractive. Trust me. You do not want to be one of those guys who walks around in a sweaty tank top and hits on girls at the gym.

• So you dig the whole fit, healthy look? Sure why not, you'll find them mostly in the gym

• I know a lot of happy couples who love fitness as a mutual passion.

• im aflethic, awkard and very talkative as well, im 179 in hight so dont know about the short part but i do know my friend is also aflethic and everything you descriped, i would love it if there were more guys like you around , you rock and i hope you find your girl.

What Guys Said 8

• As long as you realize your numbers of potential candidates is lower because of what you want.

• yes. what the fuck is wrong with you? you need way more realistic expectations. girls can't maintain that body structure... ever

• Why do you think they can't "maintain an athletic body structure"? Girls can stay athletic for a long time.

• cause it's scientifically impossible and your expectations are just astronomically through the roof. get something more realistic like them being a super model.

• Not unrealistic, just focus on self-improvement and optimize your sex appeal and go get any hot girl you want breh!!

• Are you athletic? Theyre going to be hitting on douchebags like me and twice my size because they are at the gym all of the time, they flirt like crazy there they really do. I've always either just sucked at flirting been too shy/intimadated by fast girls or in a relationship so I've never really had a girl who was athletic but stay active go to spartan races work out a lot, crossfit, MMA etc you'll find one then.

• lolol. so you don't lift and you want an athletic girlfriend? Strong sense of logic brah.

• Yes it is ok for a man to go for looks in a woman.

• Who doesn't like a flat stomach? Those aren't unrealistic-just go for runs in the park or hang out at the gym. Personally I find athletic girls to be attractive too. I'm in high school, and I think that those girls in my gym class that just sit around and do nothing are so annoying. I get being tired, but don't just be a lazy a$$. You look stupid.
    (Obviously not "you", just people in general.)

• Go to the gym, that's where they are and sports related things girls do. I like an athletic girl too with the obvious flat stomach which is a turn on for also