How fast should a girl?

On an online dating website. How long should it take a girl to respond to a message? If she responds right away. Is that a bad thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. Respond right away if you can. Same goes for returning phone calls and all that. I don't know who came up with this idea that you should superficially delay your responses to avoid looking desperate. It's such a silly idea.

I'm pretty sure no one thinks like, "You know, she seemed nice but she responded to my message/call immediately, she must be a total loser. A really popular girl who is having an orgy with 10 guys should take at least 4 days to respond."

Who does that? I'm pretty sure it's close to no one.

So I think superficially lengthening the time of responses is just silly. It's good to avoid sending lots of messages to someone who hasn't responded, but it's perfectly fine to respond to a message as soon as you're available.

• It normally takes him a little longer to respond? Like a couple of hours. Is it true if a guy is interested he responds immediately? I mean we've sent messages everyday.

• He might just be busy and multitasking or maybe he's doing that silly padding the delay thing.

• Ok. Thanks for the help. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Just respond whenever you want/can. It doesn't really matter.

• So if it takes him like a couple of hours to respond and I normally can respond in like 30 mins. Is that a bad thing?

• I don't think so

What Guys Said 2

• A lot of girls don't respond at all, so any speed above zero is pretty good. On the other hand, if you're going to respond don't wait a month or a year - within one week should be alright.

• Deadpool agrees. Respond whenever is possible, I hate waiting on the other line trying to figure what should I do, you know I could either run around yelling Pew Pew Pew or try to stalk you or something.

I think running around butt naked yelling Pew Pew Pew will be this evenings event, tomorrow's will be stalking you with Oscar (he is my stuffed Unicorn) 😋

What Girls Said 0