Does being single on Valentine's Day upset or bother you?

Being single on Valentine's Day does it make you feel worse? My friend is going out of her way to find a date which I think is crazy cause she's not bothered any other day of the year. Is it worse for women or men?

What are your honest feelings on it?

Most Helpful Guy

• In a way it does upset me, because while Valentine's day is a well just a day for love and such. I can't help but feel left out. everywhere I go I see couples and it sorta makes me bitter, because none of my past relationships have ever lasted or went well. so I'm kinda upset because I don't have thatpperson who I should have spend time with on this day together.

Most Helpful Girl

• Never bothered me in the past.

What Guys Said 13

• Perhaps when I was younger I am more 'brothered' with not having a girlfriend to spend the valentine day with. But now it does not brother me that much, unless someone keep talking to me about it and keep encouraging me to find a girlfriend etc. You know, I meet a lot of this kind of people who will give me their advice on the benefits of finding a girlfriend early and how I should be more active in finding a partner etc etc. And although some of them meant well, it kind of irritates me quite a bit, and somehow these kind of topic pop up more frequently when it is near valentine day, or new year gathering.

In short, being single on Valentine's Day does not make me feel worse, unless someone keep talking and going on about it.

• It does. Because I love romance, I always wanted to be desired and to be that special man to her and her to be that one woman who I love passionately, playfully, etc.
    Its the day of the year that kind of rubs my mistskes in my face, my wasted years in my twenties on the wrong woman, how I've handled hurt and how I've always been alone.

• It depends on the individual, for me I have this mixed feelings. It is worse for some people. But good for some. Life offers us different doses.

• I am not that much bothered with it - I only think about it when others talk about it

• I'm always single on Valentine's Day. I couldn't give a shite... *watches heart turn to stone* :(

• A little.

Like, I wish I was in one, but just for the sake of it being Valentine's Day just seems so... petty. *sigh*

Meh, I think this year might be my year in terms of first love.

• nope

• I'm more bothered by the fact that I've never had at least one girlfriend in my life. If I had just one in my memories, then I wouldn't care about being single in v-day 😥😔

• I'm 50/50

• Not too bothered seems like so many people in relationships are unhappy one way or the other

• What JohnBackerson said

• Nope. My cousin died in a firey car crash on February 14th. So Valentine's Day is just this other thing that happens on that day. I get sad but it's rarely about being single. I've learned to cope with it over the years but I actually prefer being alone on Valentine's Day. It's worse knowing he was on his way to pick up a girl to take her out for Valentin's day. So when Valentine's Day comes around I think about my family and how no one is permenant. I mourn the deaths of everyone I love both living and dead. Usually get a good cry in. I'm not as sad this year as normal so maybe this'll you be the first year I actually feel lonely solely because I'm not in a relationship. But I doubt it.

• I have my own issues with dating but Valentine's day has no bearing on it.

What Girls Said 6

• Dude I wish I was single on Valentine's Day alright! lol tell her to relax go out have some fun go to a club or something since couples will be out to like dinner if she wants a date that bad the people at clubs that night a lot would probably be single too! :)

• nah I'm fine with it. I'm mainly bothered by not getting presents lmao! 😂

• I feel no loyalty to any guy nor do I feel abandoned by not having a Valentine. I just turned 25 I am young free and uninhibited. 2 1/2 more years for a PhD in applied physics and no guy is going to stand in my way

• Not at all, I'm fine being single, but it is nice when I'm in a relationship

• It doesn't really matter to me

• Yeah I can understand where your friend is coming from especially if don't want to be single. I'd love a date for V day because deep down I'll be jealous of all the couples.