Is Valentine's Day a good time for singles to meet someone?

Any ideas? Where and how?

Most Helpful Guy

• Horrible day to find someone in my opinion. Valentine's Day is the day that really test the will of unhappily single people. Sitting around knowing that a good portion of the world is out loving each other while you're alone can push a lot of people into sadness. So when an option comes along people desperately jump on it. And desperation usually leads to impaired thinking and unhealthy over attachment. I always disappear on Valentine's Day and wait about a week or two before trying anything. Although Valentine's Day is a holiday it isn't magic. People aren't magically going to bond just because of what day it is. But Valentine's Day does present that illusion. A lot of couples are out there struggling but are putting on loving masks just for this day. Good relationships take intimacy, commitment, and passion. And changing what day of the year it is isn't going to change that. I'd advise avoiding clubs, bars, and speed dating places (where everyone will be desperately lunging at unhealthy targets because they're lonely and single on Valentine's day) and sticking strictly to places that cater towards your own specific passions about life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I'm a bit skeptical. Lots of people feel lonely on V-day so they grab on to the first best thing they can find. And a few days later, they realize they were just acting out on their loneliness and picked the wrong person. Alternatively, a lot of people (mostly men) know just how lonely a lot of people (mostly women) might be. So they use that to their advantage to fuck around and get as much sex as possible. And then just dump the girls.
    So I dunno. I'd rather pick a more normal day when the tension (and expectations) aren't so high.

What Guys Said 44

• I only see it as an opportunity for guys. Since a lot of single chicks have their lonely girls night out.

And guys on the prowl are just looking to get laid

• Valentine's Day is a good day to get laid, so many women desperate not to be alone on that day and will hook up with anyone that shows them attention.

It is not a good day, to try to meet someone and try to have a long term relationship with.

I do not play the Valentine game, if you are in a committed relationship and you are into your partner. Every day should be Valentine's Day, and you do not need some commercially sponsored day to do something nice or special for the person you are supposed to be in love with.

Why is it that bunch of roses that cost $12, 364 days of the year on a certain day the same roses cost $80. Valentine's Day is not about love, it is about businesses exploiting emotions.

• in my town a cool old mansion holds an event called Hearts and Hops. it's a beer tasting. I know a lot of couples but also lots of singles w/ their friends go. I think events like that may be good places to meet singles.

• Definitely brah.. going to a titty bar early to pregame get pumped up then we going bar hoping in my local college town. Chicks are horny as fck on valentines..

• Where do you meet at a Valentines day party? If that's the case then yes but I have not seen those before for singles

• For hooking up yes. But for a solid dating relationship no. There's an air of desperation on Valentine's day. Getting with someone when you are desperate leads to accepting things you normally wouldn't and overlooking things because you have this intense need.

• It's as good a day as any if you ask me. As to where and how? I wouldn't know. Personally, I'm a coffeehouse/24-hour pancake joint type of guy.

• Craigslist specials

• The same spots you'd meet people on any other regular day? I don't think singles shut it down and go ghost for the day.

• Of course yes.. why not. But im sure everyday is like Valentines's for singles..

• Mang hells yes! Go to a bar, there are plenty of ladies and men just waiting for that special special one night stand that you are going to immediately regret lmaoo

• Ya go to parties/club/events nearby!

• I don't think so because singles are usually pretty sad about upcoming holiday hahahahahah... Maybe after

• The feelings of love, stirs up the desire to be in love.

• It's like free pull day because everyone single are desperate to get lmaoooooo. You can just sit back and tinder hottest of em out and hook up

• Yeah, but any day is a good time for singles to meet anyone

• Be honest , all a woman has to do to get a man is leave the house ! However V day will bring out the desperados , remember it's just another day , don't be a sheep that does what everyone else does.

• Nope lol that's Easter.

• You have better chances of meeting someone if you go out rather than staying at home feeling sad and bad about yourself.

• I don't know -

• Here, you and me, right now :D

• If you female it is, just go to a club or bar and
    boom your set if your a guy like me unattractive
    your screwed.

• There are special parties and events on places thinking about singles, try look in your area.

• eateries, cafes, stores

• yes and during work or something

• I thought it was a day for couples to shine
    but couples shine everyday!
    a little too much!

let the singles have a day

• I think it's a good time to meet someone. But I don't think there is a real place for it. Just a good time for it. I tried to ask out my crush but someone else did a few days earlier.

• Yeah, because a lot of people are kind of desperate on valentines day

• it's an overrated time to meet singles

• only for a girl

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 34

• How do you know someone's single on Valentine's Day?

They'll tell you.

It's kind of like Spot the Vegan.

But I think that V-Day adds too much pressure. Like... you're both single. But V-Day implies excess romance and that's not always good for first dates, ya know?

• I would think it would be as good a day to meet someone as any other day. However, I find with Valentines day, sometimes people can be very skittish. They are afraid of things meaning more than they should, especially at the early stages.

But maybe that's just been my experience.

• It is!

There's clubs and bars that have speed dating events on that day. If you search in your area, you'll find plenty of places.

• I don't know. I wouldn't! Everyone seems taken lol!

• i don't think so lol.

• Actually I do not think so. I think that if you are single on Valentine's day then you should embrace it and spend it with people who already love you. Family members, friends, and even pets. After the holiday is over, feel free to go out looking for someone but on Valentine's day our expectations are raised to an unnatural level so anyone we meet will be put to some weird subconscious test. Do yourself a favor and just don't...

• And another thing, you may not realize it but you may lower your standards on that day in particular due to your want for love.

• I don't why not. I mean there's probably like a 50/50 chance that you will. If there are any social gatherings/family events/weddings/clubs/shows/etc. that you could go to, it would probably increase your chances. If not then maybe you could go to a few coffee shops lol. Just don't try the clubs or a bar. I don't think that would be a best bet. You're more likely to meet a decent guy at family oriented places.

• I think so. It's pretty easy to detect the singles at bars.

• I'm sure there will be a Valentines Day speed dating event near you.

• Oh pls, any day is a good day to meet anyone. People give Valentines's Day too much credit

• Sure! There are tons of events. And sometimes it's fun to get your friends together, and their friends.

• Just be happy to be you, real true love will come on its own time and be waiting for you at the most perfect time in your life

• No, because people will have to high of an expectation which will lead to bad relationships.

• ıt depends on your luck. One day, you are a lucky you can meet a true person. but if this day your unlucky, you can break up even your girlfriend :)

• Usually if I just walk around at busy places, like the mall for example, I'll end up bumping into an old friend or something, next thing you know, you got their number on a napkin xD

• u could go try to a bar or a club to meet someone

• NOPE.

• To get laid, easy.

But probably not a good idea.

• No, not at all, to much shallow people out there.

• I like to go to the gym and meet people there. Although it is very uncomfortable when the guys stare at my ass

• Nope. I doubt that's a good time to do that.

• Go to Dairy Queen and wait for someone to order a singles blizzard...

that's when you strike

• Gives you an excuse to give someone a card and make them at least know you exist.

• I think it depends I mean it's a special day and it may or may not be awkward , because you want to meet someone new but you don't want them to feel pressured at the same time

• no defiantly not

• Yes, but I couldn't meet him today.. 😳😳😳😳😳😳

• As cheesy at it sounds club (found mine in a club 3 years ago) never been happier

• Yes it can be, probably at some events at bars or resturants wher they have these "valentines day" night they usually have some discount for ladies too. You can have fun and probably meet a single guy, and if you don't you get to have some fun with your single girlfriends or just make friends with others single guys, who might have a friend what you like.

• Just another day..

• maybe I guess.

• More from Girls
    4