Why don't females call dibs?

I've seen females get offended after finding out guys do that. personally, I see nothing wrong with it. the thing is a guy calls dibs and his friends understand he's into a certain woman/girl and they back off. whereas almost everytime I've told a female friend I was attracted to or liked a guy and I was planning to make a move on him she'd do so before I had a chance, even if it was a guy she made fun of before. which is why I no longer tell anyone

Most Helpful Guy

• This may sound douche, but i think its because women dont have the same brotherhood as men do. I find that women compete with women, where men co op with men.

I think this is because there is a general unspoken agreement between all men in a room saying that they (men) are at a disadvantage enough without being tripped up by each other.

• Side note, a female cock block is called a beaver dam =)

• what disadvantage?

and lol at beaver dam! first time I'm hearing that one.

• That guys make the first approach. Guys need to close the deal. Guys need to be able to take regection in stride (generalizing of course. I know there are lots of female Angels who do all that).

Knowing the pressure on our fellow brother is what reinforces that behavior. That and the odds for success and heroically low

Most Helpful Girl

• we do. at least, my friends and i have. your friends sound like assholes tbh.

What Guys Said 2

• Cuz girls have this thing in them called selfish bitch. Lol most girls dont have this horrible trait tho

• Cuz there is no brocode for girls 😛

What Girls Said 9

• Then you must have some horrible female friends. I would be really angry if a friend did that.
    The only thing I don't like about dibs is that the opinion of the woman isn't really involved. What if she likes his friend more but one guy has dibs on her so he won't act out on her interest. I've had this before and it's pretty dumb.
    So I think it's just a normal thing to do to not go after your friend's crush if he/she told you he/she likes him/her, but go around with it mildly. So let you final decision to the girl/boy.

• I think if its obvious that her interest is elsewhere, he should back down, but I mostly meant a new person you're all just meeting

• Girls are not following the girl code the same way guys are following the bro code, we could learn something from these fellas

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e3lCzEOy5xs#

I'm calling dibs on @suitandtie 😉

I'm not afraid to just openly go after what I want. Maybe girls should be more open about it!

• It's that catty nature that females have. I had a roommate in college that used to do that constantly. She'd hear that one of us was into a guy and 5 minutes later she's all over him. Spiteful little itch she was.

• yea, I had a roommate like that. I stopped hanging out with her after the second time she did that to me. (one of the times I actually ended up hearing the guy laugh about it with his friends. I guess she was trying extra hard)

• Yeah, she was off anyway. She tried it with the one guy that I was really into (who now holds the v-card). Sat on his lap and all. He just laughed it off and then said he had to go. He left and texted me like "your roommate's weird, come down".

• Calling dibs is about as mature as a bunch is 16-year-olds. It is totally a guy thing because most guys are immature.

• Huh. No idea. Never heard of this. Certainly if a female friend someone I would not make a pass at them out of respect.

• Sounds like you need some new friends.

• lol, this hasn't happened in awhile, but still. when it did, it always pissed me off. I usually stopped hanging out with those females right after

• Yeah, I had a friend like that in college. I kind of wanted to murder her.

• Who says they don't?

• Lol I did when i was single