Why do guys push girls away?

I'm honestly trying to wrap my head around this. It just seems like whenever something bad happens in my boyfriend's life he pushes me away compeletly. I dont understand it because when something goes wrong in my life he's the first person I want to talk to about it or seek comfort with. I'm just so done. UGH.

Most Helpful Guy

• We consider ourself strong, and try to keep things to ourselves.
    When you have trouble he asks and you share, he does not worries and try to fix it, while we think that if we share our bigger mess with you then you will be worried and
    Worrying about you that you are worried, is one more thing we need to worry about..

And when you will have period next time, you will be angry and you will have one more thing to whine about while you are emotionally heightened during periods..
    And men can stand whining thus they try to shorten that list

• Didn't expected to get MHO but thanks.

Although I will like to add to it that there is a way to get a man to open up to you is by making him feel comfortable like he is not with his wife, but a friend.. But matters will be complex you need to understand things.. He must have lost money in bet, or a friend was in need and he put his friends need before your needs.. And if you get mad over him for it then everything is ruined! Problems mostly will be making you mad but if you learn to control it then he will always open up to you...
      2 things you need to learn..
      1) you don't need to step up to fix his problems. But suggestions are welcomed... If he likes a good Idea, then you can both fix it up..
      2) later when during your emotional phase of period please don't shout or whine about it in his face.. Because it is literally emasculating to listen to it..

• Thank you for the tips, I will definitely keep them in mind for the future

Most Helpful Girl

• I do the same thing. I just don't like talking about my problems. I don't want to share my burden with other people.

What Guys Said 10

• I push girls away if they start acting weird with me. Women are supposed to be better communicators but they always play these strange games. It pushes me away

• Same here man. AS SOON AS THEY START WITH BULLSH*T GAMES... i dump their ass! Eff that! Im soo sick of the stupid mind games and bs... they need to grow up or i need to date older ones lol. MILFS where are you?

• @thisdudejimmy Yup, as soon as she starts up with the stupid stuff I'm already looking for for an exit

• Why do they do that? Makes me mad

• He's doing it because he loves you. When something bad happens to me and I'm hurting, my natural reaction is to hurt something right back, be it physically or emotionally. Try and take it out on something. Worse I feel - stronger the urge. More often than not first person/thing that crosses your path is a good enough surrogate. Many guys are like this. Basically he's doing it to protect you.

• Some people isolate themselves when going through a stressful time, so their negative energy doesn't spread around and infect everyone.

• occasionally contact him a few times a day saying u love him and care for him. Let him have his space to emotionally deal with what he is dealing with. :)

• Thanks but he told me he doesn't want to talk

• Then leave him be. Contact him only once a day. Don't get offended if he doesn't want to talk.

• Maybe he wasn't loved as much and feels that his emotions are a burden to others. I got the same problem so I'm just saying why I behave this way.

• For me. I would just need time to clear my head it's the last thing i want to do is explain my problems or pains about something unrelated to the relationship especially if it is work related. Some jobs are extremely stressful and its the very last thing i would want talk about with my SO... it would bring back those stressful feeling into the relationship... this maybe why? I don't know. It depends

• Personally, I do it to avoid being judged.

• In your case. He wants to handle it himself so give him his space!!

• I personally don't like feels. Why I push sloots away after I fck them.

• I get that but this is a little beyond that.

• Men handle their problems like that. Although this new generation is filled with a bunch of pussies that like to talk about their feelings all the time. He's just being a man. As a girlfriend you should know how to get it out of him.

• its a guy thing. you dont wanna show that you are weak.

• Maybe he's not on same level as you are in your relationship. I'm same. I push away all people except couple of close people when something bad happens.

However, it's most likely but not necessary that he's not on same level as you are. My best-est friend is like that. I know she's on same level of friendship as I am. She shares stuff but when it's too much she pushes me away. On other hand another friend talks to me about all the stuff.

Some people need comfort from anywhere they can get.
    Some people need comfort from very close people.
    Some people need to be left alone.

What Girls Said 0