Have I texted her too much?

I (23M) met a girl (20) that I got along really well with at a social event about a week and a half ago. We exchanged contact info and I contacted her a couple days later to ask to hang out. Unfortunately, she said she has finals until February 17th. The academic calendar over here is pretty different, so I understand that.

So I settled for text to keep up some form of contact rather than disappear for a couple weeks. I text her roughly every 3 nights (once had a 5 night gap though) and have a conversation while watching TV or working out. She always replies quickly to my messages and we have a nice, funny back and forth. If things like message size and response times matter, then we re equal on those, though I usually reply slower than she does.

I'm planning on texting her again in another few days and actually trying to get a day and time and what not to meet in-person, now that February 17th isn't so far away now. What I'm wondering is: do you think I've done the text game right or have I already potentially blown it? I m now wondering whether it might have been better to just have gone with the disappearing-reappearing act, after hearing you shouldn't text too often.

What Girls Said 1

• You are fine. I don't see anything wrong with what you've done. You have texted too little or too much. I feel when the conversation comes up that she is finished with her studies then you can ask her to hang again and see how it goes. If she likes you then she will say yes. If she say no, it wasn't anything on your part you doing wrong it's just her.

What Guys Said 1

• i go with the disappearing thing for about 2-4 weeks, but it shouldn't be a problem