Does anybody else think the dating world is too electronic?

It feels this day in age people do not meet face to face anymore everything is all about online dating. I grew up meeting friends and girlfriend through friends or going out and meeting them, not going online to do so. Feels so impersonal to me. Anyone else agree?

Most Helpful Guy

• To me just society in general has become too electronic. People can live in the most urban settings, surrounded by millions of people, and still have a hard time connecting, networking, making friends who aren't just online and somewhere else.

Mostly I think people are deprived on networking skills, to meet those friends, and those friends of friends, etc. There's so many people to meet in person that way, and potential people to date.

On the flip side, online makes sense to find people with shared interests. For some people who have exotic interests, it can be hard to meet someone who is similar.

That said, I do think it's sad when the cost of that is that people can chat online more easily than with a bunch of friends.

• Yes I agree but my whole thing is people are so dependent on electronics and would be screwed without it. Be able to keep in touch with people is great but you go to a bar or cafe people hat stand around on their phones and ignore reality

• Yeah, the amount of time people spend staring down at their mobile phone is kind of depressing.

What Girls Said 1

• Of course I do. I would be living in another era if I claimed that it is not.
    People meet through social media nowadays. It happens.

What Guys Said 7

• Soon people will be putting there phone away and staring at their talking watches.

• It's actually good, in a way. people have more options to meet someone,. If they click, they would eventually meet in person anyway.

• Actually they may never have met in person which is the point you were really making.

• I don't feel it's too electronic, but I do have to wonder about people sometimes when I'm sitting in a doctor's waiting room, for example, and everyone but me has their face pointed down doing something with their phones. I look around at everyone and no one notices anything going on in the room. A few times people have to be called 2 or 3 times because they're too wrapped up in their phones to listen to someone in the room.

• Life is robotic poeple have become trendy and herdy - yes the dating world simply sucks everything is ridiculous me too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zBwKm8u8Rc4

• I've tried online dating and gave up. Like you said, too impersonal. And all the new problems technology has created- "He hasn't texted in __ hours! Did he dump me?" He like her ___ picture but not mine! Does he really like me?
    So much bullshit over things that don't fucking matter.

• 10010110011?

• I prefer it, actually