What are good first date ideas. I met a girl the other night and I want to ask her on a date. No movie theatre though. Too cliche. Ideas?

I want to do something a little more unique but still good for just a first date. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• The pools!! Swimming and snacks
    Ghost stories at night time with friends ( sounds stupid but it's fun) singing with her!!

This sounds stupid but, giving eachother makeovers, I know its what girls do, but it's fun

Watching a marathon of your favorite shows.

Hanging out with each others family
    Sounds crazy but it can be fun

Going to the zoo or museum

Horse riding, or doing something activ like that

Taking photos and making videos doing whatever...

Dressing up and acting like a play

Teaching eachother something...

Lol, I could go on forever

Most Helpful Guy

• I had my first serious date a couple months back and I started thinking about this. My thoughts were. I wanna meet somewhere calm were we can talk and get to know each other. It was also important that it's a place were you can "escape" if the girl/guy is fat or annoying as hell. So meeting at someones home was out of the question. I was thinking that we could do some activity but it didn't feel necessary and it's also a high chance she says no if you ask her to do something intense like play tennis.

It came to the conclusion that an ordinary coffee date was the best. I really tried to think of SOMETHING else but there are so many things that make it a good option:
    It's casual, she'll more likely say yes.
    It's pretty cheap, you can pay for the date without thinking too much about it (unlike my friend who went out on a $250 dinner date that didn't go as he wished).
    It's easy for both parties to "escape" after, compared to meeting at home.
    It's easier to talk about things because of the environment, like we talked about kopi luwak, coffee drinking habits and about things and people in the cafe.

Can't think of anything more right now. GLHF

What Girls Said 22

• Go bowling or mini golfing. You two can have a friendly competition and flirt/tease each other the whole time about who is better.

Dinner is also a good way to get to know the person. You two can go to a neat restaurant and chat while eating. Maybe pick some neat things from the menu and share them.

• Someplace that you can talk. no movie, no concert... hockey game, quiet coffee and a walk, dinner absolutely. Saturday afternoon and a picnic really works. If the sparks fly, just be sure your secluded... LOL

• You can't talk in a movie! Go to improv comedy where u can tell out ideas and participate in the fun! Go to a show a exhibit type deal where u walk and talk an aquarium where you talk about things. Go to the pound and play with the animals! They need attention.

• Video games and pizza

• Dinner and then going to the park, beach if you have one, zoo depending on where you live, skating, ice skating, bowling, mini golf, or an aquarium.

• Dinner is always nice.

• go on an adventure. like hiking or trekking. maybe even one of those escape room games that are popular right now.

• Two of the three first dates I've been in have just been coffee and talking :) the other was playing board games which was really fun and a good way to open up to each other. I've also done bowling as a second date but hat would be a good first too

• A stroll in the park, icecream , a movie

• Jump off a bridge together. Romantic.

• Oh you mean bungee jumping right? That's a neat idea.

• Bowling
    Mini golf
    Gun range
    Park
    Ice skating
    Rollerskating
    Museum
    Restaurant
    Art exhibit
    Play
    Musical
    Blue Man Group if your feeling fancy

• the beach?

• Take her to your bed.

• Go do something athletic or adventurous girls love it like hiking for a walk you will have fun and romance

• Hang out at Starbucks, go out for ice cream or hang at the mall. If you want to be fancy, go out for dinner or a desert place!

• Laser Tag maybe?

• Oh woaw? Lazer tag, I need a girlfriend like you, and one a bit older.

• @intelligent007 Haha I'm on my own dating mission at the moment, only I'm clueless and the guy is one of those overly friendly types so I doubt anything will come of it. Good luck with your date! xxx

• A cool concert and dinner?

• If you have an amusement park or festival nearby i recommend that. Its a fun thing to do together! Or, bowling/something competitive is always fun, that way you can get flirt competition.

• A picnic is a really cool one!! Also you can go somewhere like a bowling alley, park, amusement park, and pretty much anything like that. Again, a nice picnic in a nice park can be very romantic.

• Take her out somewhere nice for a walk and perhaps a drink afterwards

• You can go to an aquarium, play miniature golf, laser tag if she's in to that, or indoor rock climbing. I don't know if she's athletic or not, so if she's not then a stroll and talking type would be good (like an aquarium or exploring a part of town together).

• Something that has some competive edge to it (not much of one) is a good idea because it lead to flirty teasing and get you both involved in conversation. Bowling, mini golf, laser tag or even swimming are all decent affordable first dates. Or you can go a little more traditional with lunch at a cafĂ© or a walk in the park (maybe grab some hotdogs?) weather dependant.
    Any activity where you guys have to talk because first dates are about getting to know one another

• this is just what I personally would enjoy so I'll just give it a go:

Stargazing after a campfire in the woods or in someone's backyard

Hiking- maybe a little picnic

Concert

Ice skating

Amusement park- rollercoasters
    (Cotton candy, games, caricature, maybe win her a bear idk)

Just think of what kinda gal she is. Maybe she would enjoy a walk in the park on a warm day with a picnic. Maybe she would enjoy an art gallery, maybe fishing, think of an activity she is interested and think of related date activities.

What Guys Said 19

• Coffee shop, lunch/dinner and bowling! You can't usually go wrong with that! Or perhaps an amusement park would also do (if she is into that sort of stuff).

• A movie date is actually a poor date unless you do it right since you can't really get to know each other. Most girls like to just sit and talk and be in a romantic setting. So a fancy restaurant or in a museum or gallery or just chilling by the beach or a nice walk in the scenery. Something which is just chill is good for a first date.

Other dates you can do other things like amusement parks or action sports or something a little bit more thrilling. But for a first date it's just good to talk and get to know the person.

• I 100% agree with you! You are wise beyond your years good sir!

• In my opinion, don't try to impress her too much with a date... She has to like you for who you are. Just go and do something you, yourself like. Be yourself and have fun. I would advice doing something where you can talk, so you can get to know her. No movies/concerts.

• Two words, cat cafe. Its a stress free environment and it shows that you love animals.

If you go with that option make sure she's a cat person.

• Take her on a slow scenic bike ride or on a picnic. Something that lets you enjoy talking while also experiencing a beautiful setting.

• a dinner followed by a walk (around town, through a park, etc) or a walk followed by dinner

• - Don't go on a date during the afternoon (like a lunch date). Always go on evening dates, creates a more romantic atmosphere. Lunch is far too casual.

- From my experience, wine tasting (if you're 21+) has never failed me. Never. It creates a romantic atmosphere, you have the opportunity to talk and get to know each other, and you both get to try new wines.

- If you're under 21, some type of low-key show works well, nothing formal. I usually go for a local stand-up comedy night, or local band. Still get a chance to talk, as well as grab some appetizers, and enjoy a few laughs/songs.

• Try taking her on a romantic picnic.

• movie theatre.. cliche or not. It's a bad idea overall xD

i went to a new cafe that me and her didn't know before, and there was a band performing live (which we didn't know before either). A new fun experience :)

• Ice skating
    Bowling
    Mini golfing
    ice cream and walking in the park
    fair/amusement park if you have one

• Do something short that doesn't require a lot of commitment like a coffee - that way, it doesn't work out, it's quick and painless!

• Ice skating,
    Zoo,
    Hiking (depending where you live),
    Some dancing event (the girl I'm seeing likes contra dancing),
    Concert (depending if you know what kind of music she likes)
    Art museum,
    Search up places in your area. They might give you an idea.

• Legos, playdoh, coloring and board games with pizza and ice cream.

• Bowling?

• teach her how to drive a manual and get pizza an ice cream after she destroys my transmission

• Go bowling.

• Her place? Example: do you drink, how about I get a bottle for us this Friday at your place?

• mini gold is an easy one. The zoo, an oberservatory, rent bikes. go on a hike and pack a lunch.

• uh go to the park if its not cold or drive around basically anything nice and simple where u guys can talk and get to know eachother, or a theatre like a live play