Why do guys not ask a girl out even if they like them?

I have been hanging out with this guy for a few months and we get along great. He obviously likes me because he is always flirting and I catch him staring at me. But why does he not ask me to go out with him? After school finished he did not try to message me or even add me on facebook.

What Guys Said 1

• One could also ask "Why do girls not ask a guy out even if they like them?". As for guys not asking girls, it's because they fear rejection. Not that they cannot handle the rejection necessarily but, if he asks and she says "No", then the friendship is often ruined. It's a risk many guys are not willing to take.

• I think if I did ask a guy out then it would be like I was chasing them, then their interest in me would diminish because I was desperate. Call me old fashioned but I think if a guy likes a girl he should have the balls to ask her out and not the other way round.

• "I think if I did ask a guy out then it would be like I was chasing them, then their interest in me would diminish because I was desperate.". I feel like this is assumption that girls use as an excuse to not ask guys out. Many guys don't view it as desperate and it doesn't diminish their interest. If you're old fashioned, that's fine but you're assuming he's also old fashioned by expecting him to act that way.

What Girls Said 1

• Because they are terrified of asking you out.