Body vs. Personality?

We had this discussion in our English class yesterday (the norm) and the teacher asked us if we could date someone who had a body that was a 10/10 but personality was horrible. Some people in our class of both gender agreed that yes, if the guy/girl looked amazing then yes, they would have no problem and would ignore their personality because the sex woould make up for it. So then the teacher asked if the person had a beautiful personality but their body was not 10/10 - as expected a good set of people objected to dating someone "ugly", even to screw with, and even said personality was not everything.

Most Helpful Guy

• now i dont have close to a good body, and my personality isn't really liked by people but i know that if i really liked someone they wouldn't need to be close to a 10/10 and they dont have to have a great personality, if you like them for them then they dont need to be some great person on either spectrum

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha! A great body does not equal good in bed. Actually, it's often the opposite because the person assumes that looking good is all they need to do. A guy friend once said about a pretty ex "it was like having sex with a piece of celery."
    I will take the personality over the body every time, you grow old with the person not the body. I think it has a lot to do with what you're looking for though. If you're just after sex then looks are all that will matter. When you're looking for a long term relationship, you're usually judging the person more on who they are and are more accepting of physical flaws.

What Guys Said 2

• both are important.

• Yes I would go with great personality esp a compatible personality over hot body anytime :)

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it's common for people to be a 10/10, with a body everyone thinks they could improve in some areas so i don't necessarily think not having a 10/10 body is a bad thing because it keeps you working towards your goals and luckily enough you'll have a great personality.

• Personality. Definitely. I would prefer a body that isn't completely terrible, but I'd put up with a not very good one if the personality was a great one.

• in reality, dontt think anyone could handle extremes. good balance in between is ideal