Guys, do you find laziness in girls unattractive?

My girlfriend and I are both in college. I am a full-time student, varsity athlete, work part-time, volunteer at the local hospital and all while maintaining a good GPA. My girlfriend is not ambitious, she wastes her time partying, texting her friends and has extremely poor grades. Should I break up with her or look for some redeeming qualities in that girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, what do you want out of this relationship?

I mean, at yr age, it might not even matter -- you might just be in it for a good time, more than anything else. If that's the case, then, if yr having a good time, you win!

But.

If this is long term, then... well, this isn't exactly genius, but, you should think about what you actually WANT in the long term, and think about whether her traits are compatible with that.

I mean, ok. I am basically the female version of you, except way way more so. I am pretty much wake up go go go go go go go do do do do do do do zzzzzzzzz. I do at least 5 different kinds of freelance work, I only sleep 3 times a week, and I'm pretty much always multitasking in some way or another. I also have to travel a fair amount, too (short trips).

My husband and I have 3 kids.
    If he were as much of a workaholic as me? OMG COULD NOT STAND IT.
    Fuck no.
    Uh... We wouldn't have time for our own kids, dude, if both of us were like that.
    I mean, I know families where both parents are like that, and the kids go to boarding school and/or are raised by nannies. We're not bout that life.

If I wanted a childless marriage/relationship that was mostly just about companionship, sure, I could have a partner as busy as me. Honestly, in that case I'd rather have a long-distance relationship, even.

But, with kids? Nope.
    A car doesn't need 2 engines and 0 exhausts. It needs 1 engine and 1 exhaust.

You get me.

I mean, mb yr just doing all that stuff bc you think it'll look good on a job application. (In that case, knock it off and relax a little bit, and just learn to bullshit a little better on applications and interviews.)

But, mb you actually are like that, and yr bout that life, and you really want to stay that busy, forever.

In that case, you are a lot like me... and I can absolutely fucking guarantee you that you do NOT want to marry someone who is like you. Nope.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• If this is a woman whom you truly value and enjoy spending time with, then I think you should further investigate why she is so lazy. Is she depressed? Does she lack motivation? Is it really that she's not ambitious or that her self-esteem is so low that she does not even try to have aspirations? Or is this just apart of her basic personality? If it truly is just apart of her basic personality, then your best option would be to leave the relationship because you two are not compatible and some other woman will always outshine her. However, if her laziness is the source of some deeper issue and you truly care about her then it might be worth while to stay around and help her or wait for the phase to pass.

• Everyone is lazy sometimes but when you are too lazy and make so do all the work that would be unattractive.

• I HATE lazy people.

• Sounds like a bad match, unless there's something really redeeming about her outside of looks.

What Guys Said 6

• I can't stand it.
    IMHO its a matter of work ethic and values, which is extremely important to me to share in relationships.

There is no doubt she has redeeming qualities, look for them and make an assessment after that.

• Hit the door
    Absolute dealbreaker

My girlfriend has good grades and wants to be a nurse when she graduates high school in May. If she doesn't go to college, she'd better have a hell of a life plan or it's over

I refuse to be with someone like that

• just dont get too attached lol have your fun but ya lazy people aren't good gf/bf material

• It's the biggest reason me and my ex aren't together anymore. I think you should find someone that cares more about her future.

• find someone better than break up with her

• Laziness in a woman is disgusting. Don't find a woman who competes with you, rather, find one who is on par or just not lazy.