When do couples celebrate Valentine's day?

Hello, I've seen on instagram pictures of some couples celebrating valentine that was taken on February 13 night.

Do people celebrate valentine on February 13 or 14 ? I'm confused.

Thank you for answering my question.

• Valentine's day celebration is on February 13
  • Valentine's day celebration is on February 14
I do hope to receive some feedbacks, thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• Um, is this a serious question? When do you have a birthday party? When do people celebrate anniversaries?

You would wish each other a Happy Valentine's Day on the actual day. However going out is an entirely different matter. It depends on what is happening and what you want to do. It also depends on whether you can get a reservation or tickets. Maybe even work schedules.

So people will celebrate any time that they are able to Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Just like you if you had your birthday in the middle of the week you wouldn't have a party with all your friends until Saturday, right?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because this year, Valentine's day fell on a Sunday. For many people, Saturday night is a better time for a date. If they stay out past midnight, they can catch the very beginning of Valentine's day if they want. Think of it like new years eve.

What Girls Said 5

• Because we went out to comic con yesterday, we celebrated yesterday in that I gave him his gifts yesterday. Today is also a celebration but it's a much more lazy one, we're just staying in bed right now and will probably get pizza and tea and stay in bed tonight as well :P

• Valentine's Day is the 14th but sometimes people celebrate early or late if they can't celebrate on the day.

• Maybe couples that can't celebrate it on 14th were celebrating it on 13th.
    But Valentine's Day is officially on 14th.

• The actual day is the 14th, but people celebrate before and after the day depending upon which day it falls on.

• I celebrated the 13th because celebrating today didn't work for me and my boyfriend.

What Guys Said 1

• They might have a different timezone, it could have been the 14th there