Is it bad not to pay on the first date as a guy?

I'm not cheap, but am a college student who is looking for a job. And my Asian parents seldom give me money except for school supplies and holidays. I would pay, but am Broke now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl's like to be treated well but we understand if a guy can't afford to pay because they're in school we will understand. The best thing to do is take her out somewhere not so expensive. Tell her you don't have a job and money is tight and ask her if she would mind if she had to pay her way. Hopefully she will be understanding. The second date though you pay.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hate to say it, but yeah, IMHO it's bad if you're not paying on the first date especially. Can't you earn some money to have enough to pay? Tutor someone in math or science? (Sorry, I had to...) Wash cars? Clean dorms? Sell weed? Get a shitty part time job at a grocery store for a few weeks?

• I've been looking bro. even tutoring centers are not hiring.

What Girls Said 3

• Kinda... It's al about the woo factor. However, you can do things that don't cost money like go to the park, go to Costco, get free samples! Things like that.

• Uh, I dont have a car for costco or park :(

• Or what about the college dining hall that is part of our meal plans and where we go to eat every day?

• Sure, why not?

• Not bad at all. There's a lot of good first date ideas that are cheap or free, which are always the best dates.

• I think that whoever asked the other person out on a date, should be the one to pay, unless you both come to an agreement and split it.

What Guys Said 2

• Not really. Its the 21st century. On the first date normally we split the bill. I always bring enough money to pay for the old fashioned types that won't be getting the 2nd date. If you don't have the money there are things you can do for just a few bucks

• She'll bring her wallet regardless.
    If she makes a fuss about you paying for her then she's a gold digger that's not worth your time.
    It's 2016 she can pay for herself.