How do I ask him out?

So basic recent events: my crush read A Game of Thrones, the book I recommended to him, in a week. He texted me about the ending and I said "oh you should read the next book asap and also we should hang out and discuss the first book." He said "oh well I can't till tomorrow" and I, thinking he was talking about hanging out, was like "oh how does Monday sound?" Then he was like "oh I was talking about reading the next book but I'd be down sometime." I asked a mutual friend what he meant and she said this meant he's into me.
But now I don't know what to do with this information or how or where or when to ask him out. There's a school dance coming up but I'm not sure if that's a good first date. We're both in high school and both have no experience with dating.

What Guys Said 1

• "I asked a mutual friend what he meant and she said this meant he's into me."
    Hahahaha, yeah. :P

Perhaps on a weekend? Or during lunch at school?
    Also, don't use the dance as the first date. Too much pressure.

• I know it was sarcasm lol. I was paying more attention to the last two sentences. Thanks again!

• No problem :)

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him God appeared in your dream and told you to tell him that we should eat out on a weekend because the world will end soon like next year