Should I be angry for not getting a Valentine's day present?

Before you call me a selfish spoiled brat, please hear me out. I have a crush on this guy and vice versa. I bought him a gift and he did not so much as say Happy Valentine's and no gift. I am beyond angry. It could be more issues and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. It is very hard for some of us women to watch other women get flowers and candy. I get to sit there and watch their happiness. I feel happy for them but I feel a big whole in my heart at the same time. It hurts. In my mind, I equate it with how much he loves me. Help. Thanks

• Should i be angry?
  • Or not?
It's a little deeper than a crush, I can't seem to find the proper words to describe our situation.
It seems to me that if you really like someone then you make an effort.

Most Helpful Guy

• The girl I'm currently dating didn't get me anything and I'm not even remotely mad. I made her a Valentine Card and bought tickets for us to see Deadpool, we had a great night, and that's all that matters to me! Call me old fashion, but I like to think it's more about making a memory than the money or the gifts. I spent only $10 for our Valentine's Day, and with where we're at in our relationship, I don't think it could have gone any better :)

I can see where you're coming from though. You put some thought, time, and money into a gift you felt was meaningful, yet he didn't put any effort into anything in return to show his interest in you. Same thing happened to me. I spent hours brainstorming, searching, and editing her Valentine's Day Card, and looked online everyday to check for when the Deadpool tickets were available for preorder in order to get the best seats. But I didn't get anything in return. I can't imagine how you'd react if you were in my situation lol. I guess it depends on your level of expectations. It can also depend on the type of person that they might be. The girl I'm dating has yet to text me first or plan a date for us. Even though I'm doing practically everything, we still enjoy our time together.

And finally, like everybody else is saying, you guys only have a crush on each other. He probably wasn't expecting a Valentine's Day gift from you and in return didn't think to get you anything since you guys really aren't anywhere in your relationship yet. From what I've read, you two didn't even go out! I feel you shouldn't be mad at him. If you two claim to truly have a crush on each other, then this is no reason to just give up on him.

Good luck with your situation :)

• How did you get tix for Deadpool for under $10?

• @Punkin45 There's a chain of Theaters called "Marcus Theaters" and on Tuesdays, all movies are $5 for everybody, and then on Thursdays, all movies are $5 for students, and opening day for Deadpool was on a Thursday. Otherwise, each ticket would have been like $13.75 or something crazy like that, I forget.

• Ah, okay!

Most Helpful Girl

• ... It's a little deeper than a crush...
    It seems as I am sitting here analyzing the sticky situation at hand, a Huge sour ball in your mouth and all that hasn't been exactly a ball, You are The Only One with a Heart of Gold and even took this Bold Initiative to Have... Bought him a gift.
    I am assuming that you both are Not an Item and with this being Said, he has it in his own Head... You are the Only One who is making an effort.
    Let his be a little lesson in Life and in Love... Friendship First, then Love from Above with Two hearts who Beat as One.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you for the Like, sweetie, relax this weekend and focus on You. xxoo

• Thank you, sweetie, for the Vote of Confidence. xxoo

What Guys Said 15

• Vice... vice... vice versa (questioning voice), u didn't elaborate enough. If he skipped Valentines day I wonder if it is a real relationship or u might be a (didn't know how to say this any other way) side chi..
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tYkRtFPXGCI/hqdefault.jpg
    I didn't guarantee anything but don't flat out ask bc he will say no, you gotta
    thepatacademy.webs.com/...glass%20-%20XL%20clr.gif
    (look for clues)

• You're not together, so he shouldn't feel obliged to give you a Valentine's Day gift. He likes you, but that's it, you're not more than each other's crush.
    You shouldn't be angry. It seems you're angry cause other girls got something while you didn't, like when a kid cries because every other kid got candy except him.

• Well you aren't dating, although if he got a gift and you didn't and he didn't feel the need to somehow make it equal, I wouldn't be so certain he is crushing so heavily.

• Didn't he give you that gold plated Rolls Royce for your Valentine?
    What a shame!

• I never get anything for valentines day. I go out 2 days later and buy myself something

• It means nothing. He's obviously not into valentines day or he's never even gotten anything before on valentines day so he didn't even know how to process what just happened.

• He probably knows that Valentine's day is a load of bollocks, but he should make up for it by asking you out (if he likes you) and getting you a gift in return.

• He's not your boyfriend...

• woulda been nice.

• LMAO :-D

• At least somebody is.

• Well. I never got Valentines shit from people that's going from grade 5 to 12. I never cried about or bitched about it. No one likes me and that's A-OKAY.

• He is by no means obligated to get you anything.

• Valentines Day is a scam. I like this guy already. It is kind of a snub though. Does he know you like him?

• Valentines Day doesn't mean anything because it's now commercialised.

• Communication is important. You can't expect the guy to be a mind reader. Also gifts are not meant to be competitions with other women. You might need to ask yourself why do you need to do this in order to feel love?

Men find a woman who is confident to voice her opinion very sexy and will be even more motivated to please her.

Example, my girlfriend asked me if I do get Christmas presents for my family. I told her not really. then she asked if we should get Christmas presents for each other. I told her sure.

She obviously wanted presents, but she also understand that I might not have this habit of doing so. She was finding out what my expectation is and also made her wants known. No disappointment and resentment.

What Girls Said 15

• There, there now. I know your feelings are hurt and you feel perhaps unloved or unliked by this guy, but when you give a gift from the heart, there should be no expectations attached to it, especially seeing as how the two of you are not in a relationship or dating one another. This guy might loathe Valentine's Day, he might not have known how much you liked it, he may be broke, he may not be crushing on you as hard as you thought he was. There are dozens of reasons why, but mainly because you aren't actually together. I think its fair to say women are way more into Valentine's Day then most guys, but at this stage in whatever crush situation this is, it's too soon for you and doesn't actually make sense for you to get worked up over not getting a V-day gift. You are not together, he's under no obligation and even if you were in a relationship, he would still be under no obligation to get you a gift or say Happy V-day. If the guy is still crushing on you tomorrow and the next day, focus on that, and actually building up to dating and being in a relationship where you can talk about these things if they are this very important to you. Keep you head up. Don't let it get you down.

• No, it's just Valentine's day, who cares? If u bought him shit and he didn't buy you shit, then don't buy him shit next time. Simple

• It's a fucking crush, not a relationship.

• You don't really have any reason to be angry, since you are both just crushing, does not mean he should buy you a gift.

• Well you guys aren't together so you can't expect him to get you anything.

• I agree with you and you have ever right to be upset

• You can be whatever you want to be, you still didn't get a present. Next time you'll know better. Don't expect things from a mere crush. He has no obligation to get you anything.

• You aren't in a relationship so you have no reason to be mad

• If he's not your boyfriend then you really don't have a case to be upset that he got no gift.

• I get how you're feeling , but you shouldn't let this bother you so much. You guys aren't together so he wasn't obliged to get you anything.. sorry.

• He's not your boyfriend
    Did he say he was your valentine? If not you shouldn't be mad

• you should be angry it's not normal, it's men who give you something for valentine day not woman. don't go in a restaurant with him he will go dutch

• I have been with my boyfriend for almost two years now and he didn't get me anything either, not even a card. It just makes me think that to him I am not worth any effort and I am questioning our relationship now. It feels shitty to put all this effort into a gift and get nothing in return. He didn't even have to spend any money, he could have made a card or baked me something because he loves baking... I don't know it just makes me feel like I don't matter to him anymore. I'm not mad... I just want to leave because I feel shitty.

• Honestly, I would be unhappy too, but maybe he's just not into valentines day or isn't romantic.

• Well you aren't together so it's not like either of you are obligated to get each other something.