Boys, at what age were you ready to settle down, no longer interested in just casual sex and meaningless hook ups but started looking for a wife?

also, what qualities did you look for in a girl?

• 18-20
  • 20-22
  • 22-24
  • 24-26
  • 26-28
  • 28-30+

Most Helpful Guy

• Few men i knew ever looked for a wife. They just stumbled into a relationship and thought 'wow, i want it to stay like this forever'. Which it rarely did, but hey.

If anything guys i knew at 18 were more relationship oriented then they were at 26-28. At 18, a few guys are happily playing the field, but most can't and would love a girlfriend. 10 years later, they're doing better, have way more options and are more like 'well we'll see if i want to commit'.

That only reverses when they actually hit a point where they want to have kids, in that case they might make a conscious decision to settle down.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm answering for my boyfriend here.
    We met when we were both 22 and from what he told me, we was ready for something serious when he was 21/22. It doesn't mean he was actually "looking for a wife". He kept on doing what he was doing but he was tired of meaningless stuff and he wanted to find a person he would see himself living his life with.

What Guys Said 35

• As long as women are giving men sex without marriage commitment, never. Sex is the icing on the cake for us. It doesn't get better than that. I am 36 and have just begun to see what a woman means to me, and how much I desire companionship. Also, that sex should not be desired in a relationship. Love should. Sex comes after true love, which takes time, effort, sacrifice, and self- denial to cultivate. After that, sex is an addition, a welcome, blessed addition to the foundation of marriage.

• I love this answer so much

• @Punkin45 Oh gosh I'm sorry. There is a misunderstanding. I was not speaking about me personally but in general, for men who get sex without a marriage commitment, which is why my statements seem conflicting. My view of what is healthiest, what you are saying you did, waiting for marriage (Good on you) is what I believe will help a marriage best, externally speaking, internally, the best thing is keeping your heart open and soft. No, i have been alone for 20 years, God is softening my heart, fixing broken wires, healing me, and making me ready for what He has in the future for me. I am trying to help people to understand that celibacy is best for along term relationship (While dating). I thought you were hating on me because of that view, but now I see that I misunderstood, so I apologize to you, now that i understand better.

• Ohhhhh... okayyyy... THAT makes sense!

• 18 or younger. i've never been into casual relationships. ever since i started dating it was with the goal of falling in love and finding my partner for life... didn't meet her til i was 29 but that was the goal from the first time i starting dating at age 14

• Honestly I think your standards are too low. If I was a girl I wouldn't even BE with someone who used to play with that kinda stuff.

But hey, I'm not a girl, and I'm not you. So to each their own.

• statistics show that a man is most willing to marry after 4 year of finishing his education.

me however i was open to marriage in my younger years but now im no longer open to the idea.

• I'd say mid-late twenties. Before the men are that age they're not even looking to wife anyone. Once we get there we get a lot more picky about who we choose to date because priorities change. We start thinking about whether or not this will work long-term and decide whether or not we will still be able to put up with your *ahem* "quirks" for years and years.

• Just as an aside I'm kind of there myself, but not quite. I'm not out looking for a wife and I won't turn down casual sex, but I'd be open to the idea of being in a committed relationship if the right girl came along.

• I'm 24 now and am starting to look for a more serious relationship. I have had brief relationships here and there in the past but never took them seriously and usually left.

What do I look for in a woman? At least one applied skill... such as computers, math, accounting, etc. Not too fat or skinny. Preferably Asian. But most importantly... I have an aversion towards party girls now and would really like to settle down with the type of girl who likes to read, hike, cuddle, go on walks... pretty much live a normal life.

• No right or wrong answer here - Every guy is different

• I'm 20 now. Just in the past year have my priorities changed drastically. I started looking for someone who will love me for who I am, despite my career choice not being what everything calls desireable but it's what I love so she has to understand that. I'm also not going to keep her from her life and her choices, only add to them for the better. She has to want kids. Even though I don't want them for a few more years, she has to want them too if she's the one. Just been looking for someone to put up with me and my friends, that I can love and care for just as much as she will me. I'm mature for my age though.

• I'm 16, and I'm done with "casual sex", I do want a relationship, not a wife, but something long term. You know? I'm just very mature. Lol

• I got married at 22 and it was definitely right for me. I'm a bit of an introvert, she was an extrovert. So while we had a lot of common interests, it was the ways we were opposite which seemed to provide balance in our marriage.

• I don't want to get married until after I finish college and get a good job but I'm ready to get into a long term relationship now

• At age 28, got engaged twice... but slowly loosing hope... who knows maybe the one for me is right around the corner... I dunno... but hoping they are. And having money does not make it any easier if anything it makes it much harder.

• i got married just shy of my 19th bday

• Someone who share's my beliefs and personality.

• It's more about when I meet the right girl

• if you met her when you were 15, but then at 18 wanted to party and experience other things what would you do?

• At 15 I wouldn't find the right girl I know that

• I feel I'm not ready for marriage yet but I'm looking forward to talking to ladies.. build friendships.. date and getting to know them and see who is the winner in this search.. see who I connect with and have in common.

• If anything I'm less inclined to look for something serious than I was 5 years ago.

• 20-22. I never really messed around, nor I really want to. I am that type of guy who wants to make it work with one person, no need for me to sleep around. Yeah, it might not sound fun and games, but I actually want to settle down now. I guess experienced a lot at young age, such as clubbing, dating, drinking, and partying, makes you grow up quicker. Everyone is different.

• I was always open to both, and will continue to be so. Just LTR, not wife though.

• I was never interested in casual sex or meaningless hookups. It just doesn't do anything for me.

• No age. if the right one comes along, I'm putting a fucking ring on her!

• Never. Marriage is a lose/lose situation for guys in this day and age. Why buy the cows when the milk is free? I've given up on trying to find a marriageable girl, I might as well be looking for a unicorn. They're all used up sluts.

• I'm 31 and that is where I am now.

• Maybe 30-35.

• There are no girls on this planet worthy enough to be my wife.

• 18-20. an honest, beautiful, morally upright, strong, smart girl.

• Time will tell)

• I chose the last option but for me never. I'm cool with a life partner but marriage is meaningless in my eyes and has destroyed more relationships than they have helped.

• I've only wanted a long term relationship.

• never

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 1

• My husband was thirty when he decided to settle down and get married