How rude am I if I don't reply to a text?

He is on the first stage of courting and I am just breaking up with with someone I was seeing. I didn't want to accept his offer to take me out , because I needed some time. I told him to call me after 3 days and he didn't. I texted him and he texted back but didn't replied for the second text until late at night. I completely hate people who play dating game because it will be like that in the long run. I still didn't reply to his yesterday's late night text. He did me a favor and don't want to disappoint him but I don't know what to do. I saw him as a potential for dating until yesterday. What should I do?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Just send a short text back.. like 1-3 words, just to show you're not waiting around the phone for him. But then wait for him to make the effort to start communicating with you more. The effort goes both ways, and if he's not willing to be patient because you need a bit of time after a break up, then he's not worth it.