Got rejected by a girl I really cared for. Did I act immaturely?

So there's this girl at work. We used to flirt with each other every day. This turned into us talking for hours at work and always being around each other. Which turned into us talking for hours outside of work on the phone and texting. Round the clock. She'd text me 40-60 times a day. She did everything that would have made me think she was interested, like laughing at jokes that weren't funny, smiling, playing with her hair, staring at me, always standing close to me, looking at me all intense like, asking me 1,000 questions about my past and my future goals, telling me all sorts of personal things, complimenting me, talking about things we wanted to do together, always finding reasons to talk to me and never wanting to stop the convo. Liking every and anything I put up on social media. Basically my biggest fan on FB & IG. Posting on my wall. Etc. I was kinda scared to make a move. I'm okay looking but, she was beautiful. This went on for 2-3 months. I got enough courage to make a move. And she said yes to going out with me.

Then she flaked. Gave me a busy excuse with no attempt to reschedule. I realized she was rejecting me. I was a little hurt. And I reacted poorly. We still worked together, so I tried to stay cordial and professional but, I stopped speaking to her unless it had to do with work. If she needed help, I helped her but, I essentially cut her off. She still tried to flirt with me (saying how much I was always saving her and being there for her... staring at me... finding ways to be near me), still tried to text me and stalked me on social media. Liking every single thing I'd put up on Instagram even though I was not talking to her. I eventually decided to unfriend her on Facebook and Instagram. Then I got a new job. I just couldn't stand being around her everyday. It was too hard.

Now a few weeks have passed. I still feel like she led me on. But a part of me knows I could've reacted better. And I kinda feel bad about it. Opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• She played games. Not cool. I don't blame u. U did the right thing to heal. Also keep in mind next time about work romance. Most don't end well.
    Best,

Most Helpful Guy

• She DID lead you on. That bitch deserved to be cut off from life.
    But bro you seriously over reacted. Changing jobs? Damn that's over compensation.
    But you know what? You did the right thing. Just with extra magnitude. You didn't act like a wimp and go begging to her about a relationship or second chance. You acted like a self respecting person. You knew that it was she who was in the wrong. And you know what? how will we learn if we dont make mistakes? Learn from this one dude :)
    Overall speaking.. you won :)

What Girls Said 3

• You could have reacted better, but I think you did a good job handling it. She was leading you on and honestly I feel like what she did was a very disgraceful thing to do.

• It seems like she DID lead you on, but maybe she was scared of moving forward. I remember I was like that with this boy, but once he started liking me too, I just cut him off. I lost his Kik I don't know how to speak to him again, so I just moved on.. Im afraid of being in a relationship, I've never been in one. I don't know what to do.

• God you don't know how much I hate girls like that. They just string you along for the attention.

Quit giving it to her.

What Guys Said 4

• To be perfectly honest, you fucked up bruh.

Despite the numberous signs that she liked you, she made you question her one time and you cut the cord. Where's your confidence bruh?

• You changed jobs because of this? You definitely over reacted! (This is a small thing, any other small thing and I would've given the same response)

• She deserves it if she was leading you on. Does she still contact you?

• She did for a while. She was liking everything I put up on social media... like 15 things in a row. I had stopped talking to her by then at work. So it was weird. That was another reason I I friended her. And then she sent me a text asking me to do a favor for her at work, which I suspected was her way of breaking the ice as we weren't talking at all and it was something she could've asked any of the female coworkers that she was close with to do. Silly games like that.

• You definitely could have reacted better (sorry for being harsh), but just move on and take what you've learned to your new job and keep this in mind if you ever get rejected again.

• You're not being harsh. I have a tendency to go from 0-100 really fast. I don't know. Just seems like such a waste. We clicked so well. Too well. And I guess that's why I got so upset when she started acting flaky.