Is it okay to text a guy again after he ignored your message?

I've been on two dates with a guy. We haven't kissed yet but I think he's interested because he A) paid for me even when I offered to pay, B) invited me back to his house to watch a movie when one of our plans didn't work out, and C) cuddled with me and held my hand FOR AN HOUR. Also he walked me out to my car when I left. He's just really nice to me and there were no red flags or anything. I really want to see him again, but when I texted him the day after we last went out he didn't respond. He is always slow, as in I get one to two texts from him per day, before and/or after work. This is the first time he just hasn't responded. Do you think he's decided he's not interested? Would it be a bad idea to text him again tomorrow (it will be two days since I last contacted him then)?

• Text him again
  • Don't text him again
  • Wait a few more days before you text him again

Most Helpful Girl

• i would try one more time just to make sure, and if he doesn't respond i d get the message and move on

• yep. this. i would try one more time

• well some guys like the chase not all. Yes i guess try to be forward and see what happens. Soon or later he should do some effort though, is tiring when only one is trying.

• yes I definitely think you should be that forward and ask him out or make plans etc and if he doesn't say yes to it or react positively to it or no reaction then let it go. But remember it is not on you, there could be a number of reasons why a guy is not interested or anything, these things happen to the prettiest of girls trust me! :) :D

What Guys Said 5

• He sounds like someone who isn't always on their phone, which is a good thing! But not when you're waiting for a response from him. From what you've said it sounds like he definitely likes you, he just needs to get better at replying to your texts haha :) I know what it's like, but do something else to take your mind off it. See him in person as much as possible too.

• that's what I've gathered haha. And it's 100% fine (and better even) not to be glued to your phone always. I've texted him a few times since I posted this question and he responded both times, but just once. I'm guessing he just doesn't want to have a conversation over text and he was out of town with family this weekend so we couldn't hang out. Do you think I should text him again closer to next weekend and try to make plans? He doesn't seem to be initiating but he also isn't ignoring my texts altogether anymore?

• Yeah that's probably a good idea.

• yes text him apperantly from what you told us he doesn't think you want to go further so he's cutting on the loses

• No, don't do it

• Wait for some time.

• Don't seem desperate to get his response.

What Girls Said 8

• ... There were no red flags or anything.
    With this being Said and from What I have Read, @moosette134 Go ahead and Push One more "Be sure" Button to make Sure..."Are you okay, dear?"
    Wait and see if This gets You a Reply from the 'Slow' Guy, and if Not... Let it Go and then you will probably Know... Something is Not right, You may have even Been... Friend zoned Flagged with His Cold Duck feet.
    Good luck. xx

• I'd have to say he doesn't seem interested or the interest has lessened. I'd let it go and see if he responds. If not, I'd move on.

• Well, firstly, A doesn't necessarily mean he is interested. My crush insisted on paying when we went out as colleagues, but that's juat how he was raised, I'm 100%in the friend zone
    Now, for your situation, I am so sorry to say this, but it seems like he lost interest or something. Especially since even after you stopped contact he didn't initiate it.
    I would personally just wait to see if he texts me, if he doesn't then I would move on.

• fuck no, you can't text him, wait until he replies, if he doesn't, it's his loss ;)
    if he replies, wait 1 or 2 days to reply back.

• Nope! I wouldn't even talk!

• Sounds like he's not that interested. I wouldn't bother with him.

• if he is interested in you he would text you, A guy that I don't talk during more than a years keep text me, even after one years he was still insisting

• Ur dignity should come first, put X on him