Are minorities at a disadvantage when it comes to dating?

I'm 100% hispanic and I really like older white guys (not for their money), but for my attraction towards them and their maturity as older men. The problem is that as a minority girl, I'm very limited when it comes to guys. I'm always getting attention from mostly hispanic and black guys, but very few good-looking white guys. I'm not trying to sound as if I have an inferiority complex, however the reality is that I'll never be as good as a "hot white girl". I have an olive complexion lol. In addition, I am pretty certain that his family would initially disapprove of me since most people have negative perceptions of hispanic girls. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Minorities can be at a disadvantage simply because they're members of a minority and have fewer potential romantic partners in their environment.

That said, you're overestimating the negative perceptions you would experience. I had a Hispanic girlfriend when I was younger and my family (white rural Southern) was completely accepting of her. Just made no difference, and these are not very sophisticated people we're talking about. Most whites see an olive complexion as an advantage, not a disadvantage. You can be better than a hot white girl. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend to like Mexican guys and Puerto Rican ones. I feel more balanced with them the culture the language the sense of family the accent the look'! White guys love girls from all races! There are beautiful Mexican girls and funny ones and cute and sweet and fun and smart and sexy!! Calmate mija you just gotta shine!!! Be confident be you!

What Guys Said 16

• You will not have a problem. Plenty of white guys would prefer a Latina actually.

• Unfortunately I think your right but there are white guys who find Hispanic or multicultural women exotic. I think in a The Americas this type of racial sexual thoughts are more commw. However here in the UK and a lot of Europe multiracial relationships are far more common and seem to be very good relationships

Skin colour , culture or religion should not get in the way of sexual attraction and potential relationships. I have found that it never held any boundaries for me. In fact I very much enjoyed dating women of different races. Some were surprised that my views were so easy going and enlightening but a woman is beautiful because she's a woman and for no other reason.

• Most white guys love Latinas, but we feel like y'all aren't really into us, so we stay away. That's why we seem disinterested. From a white guy's perspective, most minority women prefer to date men of their own race. That's been borne out by research as well.

• Minority women aren't at a disadvantage but minority men are. The only reason why minority women feel like they're at a disadvantage because usually they all prefer white guys. Since it's much easier for white guys than for guys of other races, they don't have to do as much approaching as minorities. The only reason you don't get enough attention from white men is because white men have a lot of options. And as humans, we usually prefer to date women of our own races first so it's a combination of having a lot of options and also preferring your own women like how everyone does. White men still date a lot of minorities like Hispanic women and Asian women.

For minority guys, it's almost impossible if you're not a black guy or a light skinned minority. Because there are just so many women of all races who just prefer to date white men out there. When do you ever hear a girl say she is attracted to brown or dark skinned Indian guy? Never! Asian guy? Rarely. A lot of minority guys have to compensate for their racial disadvantage by either being tall, rich, or buff to get any attention from girls. Guys are open to dating girls of all races and skin color usually. Can't say the same for girls though since girls of all races are usually too fixated on dating a white guy.

In conclusion, the only reason why minority girls are at a disadvantage in dating is because not as many white guys are into them as they like. Since they have the option to date white women also and would prefer them first due to being the same race. But if they were actually open to dating guys of all races like how guys are open to dating girls of all races, they wouldn't be at any disadvantage at all. Minority guys are at a disadvantage in dating because most girls of all races really favor white guys over minorities and many even exclusively date white guys only.

• Hey I'm an older white guy. You wouldn't have a problem where I come from. All the white men I've ever known love Spanish girls. They're a prize most of us would like to get our hands on.

• Why is that?

• They're beautiful. If there's any race of woman a white man prefers to him own it's the Spanish. Been like that for centuries. White brits flock to Spain for the darker women.

• I don't think anyone has negative perceptions of Hispanic girls...

I think they are the most desirable race, in fact...

And, on average, they make the best mothers...

• I see lots of white guys with hispanic girls where im from. But the thing is, my friends who dated hispanic girls always said they liked them more because they were were girly and were really affectionate lol. Im sure you dont see a lot of white guys in your area with hispanics so maybe the guys there think your not attracted to them so they dont bother.

• Don't say that your probably really pretty and I love Hispanic women

• Thank You for the like would you like to be friends I'd love being friends with you?

• ... no? white guys enjoy dating outside their race.

• 100% depends on where you live. Around here, whites and hispanics date and marry all the time.

• No, it's in their heads.

• You have the same chances as everyone else.. don't give up.

• lol no, only if you're a guy.

• Most white guys i know have very very positive perceptions of hispanic women.

Plenty of older women prefer early 20s women.

You gotta show them a little interest, you should have good success.

• as a white guy i find minorities very attractive, maybe lower your standards for white men?

• Actually according to dating studies most white guys apparently prefer Asians over white women

What Girls Said 5

• I just think this entire question is stupid.

• It would be limited if you want to date different types of white guys like carrie bradshaw did.

• These questions are so cringe worthy. White guys are not the best guys. I'm mixed with black and white and I have personally never had a problem getting a white guy. My ex was white and I live in the south which is known to be racist in America. I just do not get it.

• I think everyone has their type! I have dated lots of races but I keep leaning towards Mexican and Puerto Rican they tend to gravitate towards me and I love the accent the language the music the dancing the food. I am white I dated white guys they just don't do it for me they can have many great qualities but the fact is I grew up speaking Spanish crushing on Mexican boys and boys from Spain. And A little Italian too. I don't think it is a dumb question at all. We all like something different we don't like to match all the time the perfect white couple the black couple the Asian couple and Hispanic. Mixed babies are the cutest and mixed couples are beautiful. We appreciate the beauty of other ethnicities. There is no best race to date there is a best type for you. But lots of white collar wealthy white guys my ex husband's family for example they marry Mexican girls. Chunky skinny it doesn't matter they like the vibe the love of life the homemaker qualities music food style

• Almost all girls do see white guys as the best guys and believe in a racial hierarchy where the white guys are at the very top while East Asian guys, South Asian guys, and Middle Eastern guys are at the very bottom. You don't see any girls saying I wanna date an Asian guy like a Japanese guy for example.

• @MyUsernameRules good point but it's the same way for minority girls

• Black women are at a huge disadvantage because a lot of black males are in jail or high school dropouts. But good looking women from any race don't have trouble finding men but if they are ugly or average than yes.

• I have met and dated beautiful powerful smart successful black men. Not all of them are in jail. I dated a commanding officer on the army base where I worked he was a great man! Successful grew up disciplined with straight A's athlete has beautiful things. A great man. And another guy from the military that had his own business. Religious wonderful and beautiful! Not many black men in that area but I found them and they are high quality people! Puerto Ricans and Mexicans feel more my type they feed my soul. It is the part of my life that I need filled the Latin connection

• @Alohaloli I never said all of them are in jail...

• You can make lot of money by sperm insemination