Do you believe that the best relationships form when two best friends decide to date eachother?

• Absolutely!
  • Nope!

Most Helpful Girl

• No. In my opinion dating your best friend will end most of the times in tears and you will lose the friendship. The dynamics and what we ask from a partner are different than what we ask from a friend. For my friends I can accept a lot of thighs that I wouldn't accept on a partner. For example, I don't care if a friend drinks a lot, or don't wash much, or don't like working , or this or that or the other you get the picture but I could not accept the same things for a partner.

• I agree with this a Best Friend and Partner are different and do you really want to risk losing your best friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I mean an example would be Jim and Pam from The Office..

What Girls Said 6

• Could be...
    But I wouldn't say best friends. Good friends - more likely.

• Nope. Dated my best friend before. Almost completely ruined our friendship. Some lines just aren't meant to be crossed. Not saying that it never works out either. You just should be careful.

• I think it is best when that happens, but it is not a conscious decision. If it just naturally develops into that. That is when it is the best. However, I am not saying this works for everybody. It just what has worked for me so far.

• Friendship is friendship and dating is dating. If you're not at least a little bit attracted to them to start out with, then friendship can't be a romantic relationship. If you're best friends that means that you were friends for a long time without attraction, so nope.

However, I think that a few months of being friends before dating is ideal, because that's the best way to know if you even want to go out with them and if you're compatible.

• No. The best relationships form when two people who are suited for each other mate. And that's about it.

• It depends. Not all friends are meant to date; it could destroy the relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• The opposite. The best relationships are those that start out romantically but you eventually fall in love so much that you not only act like a couple, but also like two best friends.

• IT is the best when it works out but it sucks when she overreacts when you tell her that you have developed a crush on her.