Cheated on my girlfriend, should I tell her?

I slept with my ex while drunk. Should I tell my gf? Her older brother is a Marine and is experienced in combat and martial arts. she owns and knows how to use a pistol. She also threatened to beat me up and slap me. She beat up a guy who attempted to cheat on his girlfriend with her, and his (now ex) girlfriend caught them. Both women beat him up. They were about to kiss then his girlfriend caught him and dumped him. Based on her last actions and her legal possession of a pistol and her older brother in the Marines, should I tell her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you should tell her because you need to be a man and own up to your mistakes. I also suggest dumping her because 1. She probably already will and 2. She sounds crazy and seems like she might need help. That is not okay, under any circumstance, for her to act that way. Shit happens. Own up to your mistakes and she'll find someone new unless you two work it out. By the way you described it though, she doesn't seem like the type to "work it out". I'm just being honest here.

• Sorry but he shouldn't. Even thou what he did was wrong he could be in danger as a result. Never put someonelse before I the saftey of yourself

• @Bskakkaka then he should just leave her. It doesn't matter, she's crazy. Whether he tells her or leaves her she's going to act crazy and she needs help. He's going to be stuck in this shitty relationship if he doesn't get out now. I was in an abusive relationship and the best thing you can do is get out. It may be scary and may be putting me in danger but if he gets out now, he can put a restraining order (like I had to) against her. There's always options.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have to tell her, but if you are so overly concerned then I think you would be better of breaking up with her in case she ever found out what had happened while you had been drunk.

Next time, remember to drink alcohol responsibly. This time you cheated on your girlfriend while you had been drunk, so what about the next time? Could you possibly end up drinking and driving the next time around?

What Girls Said 15

• Uh yes. Yes you should. You admit your wrongs like an adult and accept responsibility for your actions. Large problem with the world today, nobody takes responsibility. Obviously don't let her hurt you, but you need to tell her.

• I think no. You need to do the right thing and just break it off with her... People do silly things when they are drunk, but they still know what they are doing and it is a choice... you chose to cheat, which means that whilst you may love your girlfriend, she isn't the one for you. Its also unfair to her... she didn't do anything wrong, and yet she is the one getting hurt. So break up, or you are going to get a hiding when she finds out, and then you are going to get dumped.

• I understand why you wouldn't tell her if you think you would physically be in danger but beware it might come to bite you in the ass. If she finds out another way then it sounds like she's someone who will use violence.
    As you cheated on her and she might shoot you or beat you up I think you have some relationship issues to work through if you want this to last. Good luck with this!

• Tell her is the right thing to do.

• Yes. Totally. Lmao.

• um... well she should know the truth. but if she's that violent then i guess keep it to yourself

• An obvious troll

• Yea do the right thing for a change & take your beating.

• No. Dump her.

• Oh God no.

• Not if you want to live

• Yes, you should tell her. It's the right thing to do.

• you should break up with her you don't deserve her

• So you don't think she deserves to know the truth about you cheating on her because your worried her big scary older brother is going to beat you up?

• Um... Yes? Man up and face the consequences of your actions.

What Guys Said 13

• Has nothing to do with weapons or beatdowns.

You don't tell her because telling her would be cruel and would serve no purpose other than to assuage your own sense of guilt.

• Based on the fact that you suspiciously described what would conveniently be all you need in a sitcom to cause funny drama, I'm thinking you're a troll.

• i would tell her and i would put it this way well telling her
    i made a big mistake and broke your trust. i dont deserve the love you have shown me. and one day i hope you will for give me. then leave it at that. let her come to you to find the answers.

• I know this is against the grain here, but if you ask me, you should keep your mouth shut. Some things are better left un-said. And based on what you say about her past responses to situations, I think if you do tell her, you might have to leave the country if you want to live.
    Chalk it up to a bad idea... time to grow up.. no more stupid drunk shit... etc.
    Good luck.

• Yes you should, man up. At least dump her, no since on staying in a relationship you didn't really care about, while leading her on like that.

• If you feel unsafe in this environment, then just seriously break up with her. In no way should you risk your life to "do the right thing"

• LOL, you're gonna get beat up d00d

• What would you want YOUR girlfriend to do if she cheated? Would you have the right to know?

• I think you should grow a pair and tell her

• Do you want to keep dating her? Did the other guy get caught or honestly tell her? I think I would tell her. Also the fact that you are debating weather or not seems like you want to tell her and get it off your chest.

• Yeah. You should break up with her as well...

• I give up sometimes!!!