Flirting and kissing one day to just friends the next?

So me and this guy have been really good friends for a few years now. Recently, the dynamic has changed. We've spent a couple of nights doing some serious cuddling and petting.

Last night, we kissed for the first time. We kissed a few times, including as he was leaving as sort of a goodbye kiss. Today started really awkward between the two of us because we weren't talking about what happened. When I brought up what happened and said that I didn't want things to be awkward, he asked me why they would be. Then he said that we were good. He was very nonchalant about it.

I could tell he was interested last night, but now I'm not sure. What's with his change in behavior?

What Guys Said 2

• Ask him? I would have taken your kissing as all lights green and greeted you with a kiss the next day. Maybe he was unsure you would feel the same the next day and didn't know how to proceed, and when you said you didn't want it to be awkward, he thought you were saying that things were not green lit. Or he could regret the change in your relationship and want to remain friends. There are many possibilities. Communication can be awkward sometimes, but you should just say plainly what you think/feel so he can be honest with you as well, and the two of you can decide how to proceed.

• Trust your "girl-radar" it won't let you down, if you feel he's pulled back I would suggest you be guarded going forward - you may be looking at a maturity issue here or an "immaturity issue" Keep ur feelings in check, and maybe consider that just friends is all you two should really be?

What Girls Said 1

• Probably because guys don't stress over stuff like this. He said you guys were good, so that means things are good. I've noticed that guys don't really like to talk about it and so it seems he's avoiding talking about it. Not because he's weird or uncomfortable, but because he simply has no interest in hearing about it; he knows what happened.