Do girls act mean to someone they like?

Do girls still do this?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, and I've noticed it's mostly the shy girls that do that.

So when girls say to give shy girls a chance because "shy girls are worth it" then I laugh... because, simply put, shy girls aren't worth running after. Now I don't give a crap about shy girls and only go after confident girls. Shy girls blew it with me

• Huh, interesting. I have never seen this case, me included because I am shy. I just think girls who do this are immature

• @Laura2410 Somehow they seem to think that us guys will register it as an interest on their behalf... whereas I just see a girl acting mean towards me; so I stop communicating with them. Confident girls are must more, eerrmmm, confident in their own skin so I don't care about shy girls anymore

What Girls Said 14

• I used to be a total bitch to my crushes but it was very immature and quite stuck up. Two years later I've stopped, thankfully. Now I just point out ridiculous things like "hey did you know that your underpants are showing?" Or say weird things like "why are you wearing earphones when there's music playing?" I become a lot more upfront and say what I think now, I'm not sure if it's better or worse.

• Only the really, really dumb ones.

• No, not me at least. I would find it annoying and immature if a guy who liked me acted like that, so I don't do it either.

• I've never done, nor understood why someone would do that aside for maybe being nervous. That's just my pov but I always just get really shy around a guy I like.

• I personally don't. I'm very nice to the person I like, I get a little shy, I smile and I tease him a little.

• Guys do it too and it's immaturity.
    Only immature people play these games.

• Immature girls do

• no I never ever did that

• If the girl is shy, maybe

• I think so, but i usually just sass the person.

• In the beginning, yes

• growing up girls are taught that if a boy is mean to you it means he likes you so i am assuming its true

• ... to my knowledge girls act mean when they guy is arrogant and a douche? i think if a girl acts mean to someone she likes, she doesn't know she is being mean and doesn't know how to express herself so it seems that she is mean, if that makes sense..

generally, being mean or acting the opposite happens in youngsters as in children age, no?

• Maybe if they're 7. Otherwise no, not really.

What Guys Said 6

• immature girls play games, hard to get, etc. ya

• Yes, fucking hate it.

• Yeah some girls do this not all but some :)

• Hhhmm good I get that alot!!

• Not in my experience. Girls don't like me.

• Sorry mate. This has never ever happened to me.
    And in my 24 years at least some girls have liked me ;)

They tend to laugh at your bad jokes and almost always don a smile around you. Simple things. The whole teasing, taunting can be a part but in my experience never to the extent of it being "mean".

• Well if u made them upset like I have I guess it'll make more sense