No guy sees my potential?

It seems like a cycle for me. I'd like to think I'm a funny, cool, and interesting person to be with. However guys I've liked only seem to just want to use me for ego boost and etc. .

A guy I've talked to for a year is now in a relationship with a girl after 3months and He does everything for her that I would talk to him about but He treated me like crap.

Another guy I liked Would always flirt with me and I would talk to him and try to get to know him more. The situations we ended up in would be the perfect set up for beginning to like someone. We walked down Grad aisle together, he taught me to play guitar, we'd be partners for things etc...

Yet he would never make the move and wouldn't dodge me if he figured i was trying to.

I feel it's the same outcome and I am starting to believe love and a happy relationship is so farfetched , & unable to happen to me in my life. I never see myself finding anyone.

Guys tell me i have such a great personality, hmm smart, any guy would be lucky to be with me
I keep thinking back to this reassurance and confidence I felt. These where guys that showed me signs first Or approached me, I've also told guys i liked them but they never reciprocated.

Don't know what to think...

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe guys could find you intimidating for your appearances. If this is true, men do treat women like shit to bring them back down to earth. WHat guys have said to you in the past could give you too high expectations of a future partner

Men do get intimidated if they feel there woman is better then themselves.
    If a man can say her woman looks beautiful in that dress, when he actually thinks she looks to fat, why can't he say that any guy would be lucky to have you?
    Guys have to expectation to go up to women, women don't land into guys hands easily.

What Guys Said 9

• Need to know a bit more about you and you need to be honest. 😃
    Are you good looking and have a good body so a bit intimidating to guys.
    Are you sexual or a virgin.
    Do you imitate things or do you like to be submissive not just sex but in general life. Like your man to take care of you for him to make most of the decisions.
    These will all help me give you a much better opinion and then guidance

• I've changed dramatically during the period in which I've liked those guys than who i am now. At the time I would say I always believed in traditional roles in relationships. But I also go with the flow, which could give a wrong impression that I'm not submissive. I imitate their style and vocabulary and personality.

I don't like feminine guys

I was sexually active with the first guy, but the second guy I barely had conversations with.

• I really don't know if I'm good looking, I get told I'm pretty all the time, but people just say stuff.

And I'm slim no curves. I dress nice though 😉

• You sound very nice your character and thoughts on life and likes and dislikes. You will attract a decent sort of man. You've hust been unlucky that's all. Typically not to get so upset and just keep your self open to men.

• unfortunate, but completly understandable. it's sad, because some of us do want to have relationships and love in our life's. unfortunately there is always obstacles and problems. some of us can find ways around those or Let ourselfs be blocked from success. you will just have to keep pressing on, giving up is no longer an option.

• Maybe broaden your horizons go for older or younger

• You may like spending time with some guys but not every guy will be interested in you the same like him.
    I don't know what to say for the rest of what you mentioned. I don't know why these guys haven't made a move on asking you out.

• So are you just flirting with them or you ask them out and they say, NO?

• Some guys I've asked out, some guys i was actually talking to, and another I was flirting with me and I was reciprocating, when i reciprocate he'd ignore my existence and won't give eye contact. But I've never been directly turned down. They just ignore

• Re reading your post... The guy that is dating a girl and is doing things you've talked about... sound like he just sees you as just one of the guys. I think you might be trying to be too friendly. I get a different vibe from girls like vs. ones that ones that are looking for action. I think your putting your self in the "Friend zone" little sister position. No guy will think anything romantic about a girl he sees as his "little sis".

I think it's how your flirting that is putting you in this position. It mostly has to do with the look in a girls eyes, and how much physical (no sexual) contact she gives. What I mean is guys respond to physical contact vs. emotional for women. For example, If he's sitting down and you come up behind him, put your hands on his shoulder when you say hi. The closeness/contact will give off a vibe ( he'll pickup your scent, the softness of your hand, etc.) will trigger his animal side.
      The guy that flirts than doesn't... might be a player/playing games.

• Ok, thanks :) I can be really shy and horrible flirty... I tried to look in his eyes once because he said I never look in his eyes... But thanks...

• Everyone knows dating a sl*t is a bad idea. You can't make a 'ho a housewife.

• You're ignorant... get a life smh

• It seems like the women I have truly wanted to be with don't like me back in the same way. Honestly I don't see myself being worthy of the women I've tried to be date of whom I could see myself committing to and fully loving, its complicated. I don't think I've even tried that much actually, but I just tell myself I have so I don't go out and get disappointed. Being alone is alright, there are plenty of people who learn to be happy being alone, I have to start doing this. You will be okay, learn to find validation from within and other interests. I'll be alone with you, lol.

• Sucks to be on a receiving end of a friendzone treatment huh... well, guess what? You're not entitled to be loved just because you're a nice gal.

• I'm also not you...

• You dudes aree too bitter

• For someone "not bitter" you sure have a lot to say.

• Just give yourself some more time and right time and right guy will come along for sure.

What Girls Said 0