Is it strange that I'm dating a guy who is 22 year old?

I'm 19
i didn't think it was weird but my older sister keeps saying that I shouldn't been seeing him coz he is way older then me. My sister is 27
is she just bee just over protective?

0|0
16|16

Most Helpful Girl

• Yoire loving older sister just needs to calm down a bit and enjoy a hot steamy cup of stfu.

You're in a perfectly normal situation

3|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• My mother is 7 (legally) and 9 (biologically) years younger than my dad. They make a fine couple (By fine I mean fighting half the time and lovey dovey the other half). I turned out to be a decent guy who's studying in a good colg. So 3 years gap is fine I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's only three years and you're both legal.
    When I saw the question title I thought you'd be underage or something lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Not a problem

0|0
    0|0
  • Why is that strange? Its only a 3 year gap and im 22 and id be comfortable seeing an 18 year old.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that big of an age gap.

0|0
    0|0
  • lolololol

girls your age even date guys my age.

your in the normal bracket which is about 5 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not, I've seen age differences of at least 10 years

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not strange at all. In fact, if anything, it's quite normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 year age difference is absolutely nothing at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • i like 18-21 age range girls and i am gonna turn 25.

0|0
    0|0
  • No its so normal

0|0
    0|0
  • It is so normal age gap between a couples.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, 3 years age gap outside of high school is not weird. You are legal too so it seems alright to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Really there's only 3 years age difference and i myself am 24 but i have a crush on a girl that's 31

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 26, goin to be 27, I wouldn't date any girl under 21 because while I'm not as big of a bar person as I was in my early 20's, I need to be able to get in to bars without her having a fake I. d. Or whatever

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 years a big difference? Is she serious? if she was ma sis I'd rather to not know her if she says shit like dat...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• He is just 3 years older than you for God's sake... the age difference is completely fine and normal... I don't get your sister's point at all...

1|0
    0|0
  • 19 and 22 sounds perfectly normal to me ^^
    ignore her

1|1
    0|0
  • Jus over protective. That's not a huge age gap at all.

1|1
    0|0
  • I consider that normal?

0|0
    0|0
  • Babes been through that I have a 25 year old sister. I am dating a guy who is 23 he is 5 years older and its fine 😂😂 don't worry xx

1|0
    0|0
  • whut, it's a normal age gap... It's actually small. It would've been understandable if he was like 30 but he's only 3 years older!

0|0
    0|0
  • What? Thats not wired AT ALL!!! My mom and dad have a 6 years gap between them and they are perfectly fine together, when I was 16 my ex was 6 years older than me, and we didn't even notice a difference, so its perfectly fine, don't worry 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Not weird at all. 3 years isn't really a big deal. Maybe she's worried for a different reason?

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't think so
      It's just coz she thinks I've never dated before. I have dated before but I've just never been serious enough about anyone to tell her about them.

• Your sister is being overprotective, 3 years is nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 years? hahaha he's basically your age

1|0
    0|0
  • That's practically nothing, it's a very small age gap.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's only 3 years. I think your sister is just worried about you

0|0
    0|0
  • She's jealous

0|0
    0|0
    • I doubt that she in a relationship and has a 2year old son

• Trust me, she's still secretly jealous. Did she have a boyfriend at your age? Or else she's just being controlling because that's ridiculous to criticize you for.

• She started dating at 16
      I stared at 17 but she has no idea coz we don't live together and I don't really open up about things like that with her coz she's the type of person who always has something to say (mostly negative) I recon she is just toooo overprotective lo

• I don't think 19 and 22 is a bad age range. 19 and 32 is odd to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's being over protective. I'm the same with my little sis haha.

0|0
    0|0