How do you deal with dating a person who's emotionless?

He complains when I touch him. Gets upset when I tell him I love him, push me off when I kiss or hug him. Never does anything for me. He didn't get me anything for my bday, Christmas, or valentines. He said I shouldn't complain because he sent a text saying happy bday and etc.. I'm so unhappy and don't no what to do. Each time I breakup with him, he gets so depressed that I take him back.

Most Helpful Guy

• it sounds to me like you just need to move on. you guys are the equivalent of a washing machine relationship. break-up, make-up, rinse, wash repeat... the problem is there is never a final product. it just goes around in circles

whatever issues he has he needs to work on himself without being in a relationship where he is hurting someone. you deserve better

Most Helpful Girl

• Seriously? That sounds terrible, I feel so bad for you. :(

He doesn't sound like the right guy for you. You're a romantic and he's the complete opposite, and as much as the saying goes "opposites attract" sometimes it's not necessarily true. Honestly, I don't even think thats a way to treat your significant other, at least show some affection!

Its not a good relationship if you are unhappy and it is no fair to you. I think you just need to end it for good. Focus on yourself for a while, and then you will find another guy who truly makes you happy, because it really sounds like this guy is just wasting your time.

Hope everything goes well for you <3

What Guys Said 2

• You deserve much better & that's all I can say. Your guy needs to sort himself out first, as apparently, he ain't ready for dating yet.

• Is he autistic?

What Girls Said 10

• oh haha! I am sort of like that. But thats awfully he could of at least tired. Eh leave him he not intersted.

• You don't, you break up with him. I don't care if he gets upset. He isn't giving you anything in the relationship, it's virtually pointless for it to continue. Period.

• Don't let him guilt trip you, if he really cared he would change and realise people do need to have affection shown.

Do not let this man emotionally blackmail you any more. Finish with him and then cut all communication. If he can't talk to you he can't weasel his way back and you can move on and find someone who you can make happy and who can make you feel happy. That's what love is supposed to be about.

• You can either give him time or give him up. For some people it takes them along time before they feel safe/ emotionally available. some it's something they have to learn. It takes me a while in a relationship before I'm able to show affection openly.

• you sure he likes you?
    leave him...
    I mean I am a pretty cold and emotionless person (said mt friends and parents)
    but when I like someone that s a diff story and I never behave like that.

• You need to find someone who truly cares about you #DumpHim

• Well, I'm a really touchy-feely type of girlfriend. I love romance and getting close to my partner, so I don't think I would be very happy in a relationship like that. I would just break up for good and move on.

• My ex was like that. Hated it because I'm super affectionate! Break it off if you aren't happy. He won't change. Dont take him back either.

• He's got problems and is textbook manipulative/controlling. Break up and block his number, his FB account, anything he could use to contact you. You need to quit him cold turkey or you'll keep getting sucked in.

• That's so toxic. You need to break up with him and stay broken up with him.