Does my ex has a new boyfriend?

We broke up 1 month and half ago but we still stay in touch.
Recently I saw that she changed her photo profile, in that photo I saw that she is hugging a guy.

I asked her if she has a boyfriend not because I want her back but because I though we were friends and she just avoided my question and started talking about her studies.

She is also a little distant. I still like her but not as a girlfriend.
why she will avoided my question?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you don't need to know.

Most Helpful Guy

• its tough to say I've seen girls do this , a girl I'm friends with also did something like this recently and I was left confused about her status. I'd say its unlikely he's a serious boyfriend yet and may just be someone she knows or partied with. but its really tough to determine

What Girls Said 2

• She's probably dating him and feels weird telling you because you guys recently broke up.

• Sometimes talking about new love interests with old ones is awkward esp. in the beginning of a relationship. Give her time to get to that place.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe she's just dating someone and it's not serious yet? Maybe she thinks you'd be jealous?