Why do white guys say they would date a black girl, but usually don't or lie about it on GAG and in real life?

• To make Black girls on GAG feel accepted
  • scared
  • Intimidation
  • worried about what friends/Family will say
  • all of these
  • neither/explain

Most Helpful Guy

• I've often wondered this, because there's a huge disconnect between what guys write on GAG about dating black girls and what they do in real life. I almost never see white guys with black girls, like I've seen maybe two white guy/black girl couples in the past five years. I think it comes back to guys wanting to seem PC and wanting to make black girls feel accepted. It's silly, because the truth is more helpful, and black girls aren't shy about expressing their lack of attraction for white guys. People like what they like. No reason to hide it.

• the difference is that many white guys would probably be open to dating a black girl, but would they be their first choice? in many cases probably not, and if white guys are more often exposed to white women or other types of women, then since men are expected to initiate and put in all the effort, then he is likely to try his luck with someone who is his first choice. So only the white guys who prefer black girls above all other types will actively go after them.

Most Helpful Girl

• They're just being PC. It's not socially acceptable to say you don't find black girls attractive. A guy actually got suspended from college for writing that black girls aren't hot. So yeah, I'd say most white guys are just trying to make black girls feel better. They certainly aren't out there trying to date black girls IRL, that's for sure.

What Guys Said 43

• Because they don't like the black girl that's before them? Liking black girls doesn't mean any black girl will do...

• "To make Black girls on GAG feel accepted" + because if they didn't, they'd be called a #Racist, right? Which is why I dont blame them for lying now... LOL

• Is never have a concern about a multiracial relationship. I've always found black women hot. I have no idea why some men would say the would date black women but then change their mind.

• exactly. I don't understand either

• From my own experience I think it's more to do with cultural differences, different interests, etc.
    I'd love to date a black chick but finding one who's in to classic rock and cheesy 80's metal, Seinfeld / South Park humor, a bit of a hippy, and has similar goals in life SEEMS to be a bit of a challenge.
    It's not a fetish or anything, so I'm not going to go out of my way to find a black chick to date, so until I cross paths with a cute black chick who has those sorts of things in common with me, it probably won't happen.
    That's all!

• Hm, I'm a black female with those interests. Thing is, we'll probably never cross paths in real life. Very interesting.

• @BangBadBxtches Nice user name. And what kind of media do YOU consume?

• classic rock, cheesy 80's metal, Seinfeld and South Park

• What you are doing is called confirmation bias. You ignore all evidence that contradicts your beliefs and only pay attention to the evidence that seems to confirm it. I've already stated on here many times that I have dated black women in the past and I almost even married one. I don't feel like reiterating it again. At this point, you either believe me or you don't.

• Lol so let me get this straight. Because you believe that your ONE white guy friend is lying (and he probably actually isn't. You just haven't found one yet that he finds attractive) somehow means ALL white guys wouldn't date one and ALL white guys who say that they have are lying. That's your logic?

• These dudes are not the same guys you hang out with in your local neighborhood. They are a mix of people from all over the world. People can select to answer a question or not, so if a guy is not interested in black chicks, he might just skim over your question like eh who cares about black girls, while a guy that likes black girls might say, sure yeah I'll date a black girl and take the time to answer the question. You have a bias sample. The guys that answered your question might date a black girl if they like her, but they alone are not a reflection of the entire population.

• I don't know about that cause I'm white and really would date a black girl.

• glad to know

• No problem. I'm not even making this up, tomorrow I'm going out for a date with a black girl

• Well its easy to say you'd do something to a bunch of strangers online but its a completely different thing to actually do it when you are actually faced with the decision in real life.

Some might be telling the truth, others might be saying what they think they'd do, others might be lying to avoid being attacked by social justice warriors.

• When I was single I would say I would date Black women, and I did. My best friends a white guy and married a black girl as of last November. Sadly, I think you may have experienced some potential individuals who say they don't have a type, but actually do.
    It could also do with the fact that they may not have had an opportunity to date a black girl. I've seen this happen throughout many different races not dating the other. Not that you'll never meet someone of the opposite race, but a said white guy may never get the opportunity to truly sit down with a black girl, and have a meaningful conversion that will therefore lead to a date.

• I would date one, I have hooked up with one once. but where I live they are just a small minority and therefore the chance that I end up with a white girl is much more likely.

• So they will make them feel accepted plus they don't want others coming down on them so Its easy for them to say sure I would and move on

• I think it's mostly because they're afraid of being labeled as a racist. I'm not attracted to black girls so I wouldn't date one but I've always been honest about it even on here

• for me, it is two things. For one, I'm just being honest here, skin tone still plays a big part for me... they would have to generally have lighter skin tones. Second, I don't really meet many black people/girls in my life, so my opportunities are far less than with white girls.

• I've been out to eat with a couple black girls but it never turned into anything. I probably would have dated one of those girls if she didn't lie to me about her age. That didn't sit well with me. I was 21 at the time and she said she was 18 but she was 16. Her sister lied for her too. It was just really really bizarre. They really wanted me to date her I think.

• lol you were something special I see. but lying is never okay

• I don't think I'm that special but I think they thought so lol

• A lot of them probably don't MEET many black girls. I don't.

• In many cases, it might be the Bradley effect. Here's a wikipedia article about it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_effect

In my case, she said no.

• I've dated black girls and they were very good for and to me. I think the reason a lot
    of white guys say they will and the won't is because they are scare little Momma's boys. I agree that the PC nonsense may factor in. The one deal breaker with me
    when it comes to dating black girls is that most of them have kids. Kids from a prior
    marriage or relationship are an enormous deal breaker for me. And many black
    girls cannot accept that. I understand why single moms are angry when men don't
    want to date them. But in my opinion it's acceptable to have your preferences in dating.

• How do you know they lie about it on gag? Do you stalk them and see them walking about with t-shirt saying 'I hate black girls'? Bit fanciful that. Maybe they were telling the truth. It's not people skin colour that white people don't like it's the attitude. I've heard black folk in the west have some really bad attitude problems. Guys and girls. I'm white and I used to be in a brutal gang. A few of my friends are doing lifers for murder. You'd think someone like me with a violent background could accommodate people acting like gangsters. I can't. I hate people acting like that. It does my head in. I can imagine normal folk hating it even more. When you can't stand your own race acting like clowns how the hell can you stand another. Inject a bit of class and it makes all the difference

• I just say the truth; I won't date black girls.

• I've dated 2 black girls

• I know what you mean though,, it's stupid that people feel the need to lie about sexual preference

• I am a strict believer that there is really only one soul mate out there for most people, so this point you are tying to make is weakened a bit (according to my POV that many people share as well)

Secondly you are overgeneralizing. For instance, I haven't been attracted to a white woman both physically and emotionally on an intimate level since high school.

• I feel a lot of them do date them and have lots of sex and fun.

But from what I think is thst they feel these girls usually have a lot of baggage... and just too much difference in sociology economic status.

They're not intimidated lol

Also lots of black girls are gold diggers because they come from a poor family.

When u marry, their debts become yours.

• There are plenty of black women that physically attractive enough to date. However, the white culture stereotype of black women (at least the one I've been exposed to) is loud and excessively expressive and way too confrontational. It doesn't make for a particularly desirable mix. At least not for me.

• I would like to sure yeah I am pretty open minded about that stuff but personally I have never found myself in a situation where I have that form of opertunity also I tend not to just want to date a person due to their race but the person for who they are. :)

• We don't have a problem. Finding one that fits us is another story altogether. It's just like you girls saying you'll date overweight guys and us going "you're lying because you never do." But why don't you girls really go for the overweights? Bottomline is this, you date whoever fits you. If you're complaining about a certain group not dating you, chances are you're not dating material in the first place.

• How do you know they lie about it irl?

• I have a guy friend (white guy) he says he would date a black girl. I tried hooking him up with 2 girls others. Why would he lie?

• Hey don't lie to her, if I've learned anything on this site... is that if one guy says/does something, we're automatically the same as him! Haha :D

• @asker just because a white guy says he'd date a black girl doesn't mean he will go for any black girl...

• I'd date a black girl but only if I find her attractive but why would you date anyone you didn't find attractive?

• I have dated a couple black girls over the last decade. One of them was a very casual arrangement and the other actually got quite serious, and I was pretty sad when it ended.

• To appear as not being racist as white peoples usually are accused of even when they don't give the answer or response someone is looking for.

• Some whites dudes are not racist, I've known a white guy who dated black girls, he was a bit goofy tho, same thing with the white guys that date Asian girls.

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 5

• I say I like Mediterranean guys, I know a lot of Mediterranean guys but I never dated one. Doesn't mean I'm lying, I just haven't met THE Mediterranean guy I like.

• Why do you know or even care if they're lying? Do you know these white guys? I don't think you do...

If they didn't then how come there are many black and white interracial relationships and not just white girl and a black guy but a white guy and a black girl as well.

Just because some girls haven't had luck doesn't mean that it applies to all...

• there's realy no straightfoard answer to this discrepancy. i also seen many white guys on gag say they didn't think blck girls were interested in them too so that could be a reason. i think there are certain interracial pairings that happen often cuz for some reason there's some kinda special allure usually due to cultural connection or positive stereotypes. im thinkin white guy/asian girl & black guy/white girl. for everyone else, there's no real trend for whatever reason.

• Two words. Political correctness.

• It's the Internet, people will lie and say things
    Especially if they are popular on gag and enjoy the popularity they are going to say the popular thing because they don't want to lose followerers