The guy I've been seeing has been distant but I'm seeing him on Saturday. How should I react?

To give a little back story...

I've been into this guy for over a year. A couple months ago, I finally took the initiative and gave him my number. We texted and hung out a few times - it was great. The last time we actually hung out was at the very beginning of this month. I saw him a couple weeks ago at his work and he was totally cool - came and said hi to me, bye, etc.

Anyway, he's slowly distancing himself and there's really no reason he should be. I last heard from him a week ago and I've texted him twice since then. Still nothing. I'm seeing him on Saturday at his work again because I'm celebrating a friend's birthday. I don't know how to react because he's pretty much completely blown me off. I really like the guy and there's a possibility he really is busy but if you can read my texts and post on Instagram, you can at least respond to a text. I don't want to be down in the dumps and I really hope I hear from him but I'm not going to hold my breath. Should I even try and talk to him Saturday night or make him approach me? I feel like I've done everything I could possibly do. The ball is in his court. This just sucks and hurts. 😔

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly if it were me I wouldn't let him/or her in my case dictate anything I do differently and I wouldn't approach them either. You gave him the chance and he's had plenty of opportunity to follow up with it. You may want to consider a few things like might he already have a girl? Or maybe he doesn't feel he's compatible? Or doubtfully but it could be that he just wants to be free for a while. But however it goes if he doesn't make any effort make you his girl it's his loss and huge loss in my opinion because you're very gorgeous. Which ever way it goes or he goes there is no fault in you and you could get just about any guy you want he's not the only kid in town or the world.

• Thank you, I appreciate it. He was casually dating. Just me and one other girl; nothing serious or tied down. I caught serious feelings and after I posted this I figured out that I'm pretty sure they've gotten to the serious point now. Which blows but what can I do, ya know? Thanks so much for the opinion!

• Thank you for MHO!

• No problem!

What Guys Said 1

• having feelings for someone who may or may not feel the same is the worst because it feels awful, like you are experiencing now. My advice would be if you are really that into him try to have some interaction with him and see if he is truly interested or if he does not feel the same

What Girls Said 0