Why are girls violent when their boyfriend cheats?

If a girl cheats on a guy, he won't hit her or he will go to jail. But, if a girl catches her boyfriend cheating, she beats him up or slaps him or does something else.

Why are girls so violent? Can't they just talk it out or break up?
And why do girls attack their boyfriend and not the girl he is with?

Most Helpful Girl

• Anger is usually an outward manifestation of emotional hurt and pain. Some people are unable to gain control over their emotions so may lash out with physical violence. People display anger in different ways. A betrayal is very painful and can even cause a person to act totally out of character due to the overwhelming emotional pain they go through.

I'm not condoning violence , just pointing out reasons for a person's reaction to being betrayed.

Personally, I can easily and very quickly gain control over my emotions so I'd never act in a violent way if a guy cheated on me. I'd be brokenhearted and devasted , but I'd cut all contact with him so I could heal and move on

The reason a girl doesn't usually attack the girl who he cheated with, is because she doesn't owe her any loyalties, but her boyfriend does. He's the one who betrayed her trust... not the girl

• If people didn't consider it a betrayal it wouldn't be. ''cheating'' is only a bad thing because we make it so. I wonder how this social construct started? Human nature wanting to claim people for themselves? Or perhaps religious reasons?

• @Unimaginative2

That is only true for those people who don't value loyalty. People can be betrayed in many different ways. It' s not all about " cheating" in a relationship. No one likes to feel betrayed... I can't imagine anyone accepting and condoning betrayal

What Girls Said 5

• Hey OP, did you know the #1 reason for men killing their partners (at least in Canada, I would say expect similar results for US) is because their female companions are leaving them (for other men)? The #1 female reason is to end abuse.

Men tend to be much more violent than women in the case of cheating, if you do wish me to generalize. They don't slap or hit, they kill.

I do agree with your opinion though, they should be more mature and talk it out like adults.

But again, what is the point of this question? Even if you know why, it's a fact that cannot be changed. Some girls are more violent than the others, maybe there were red flags you didn't watch out for in the early stages of dating, who knows.

• Lots of guys beat women still..

and, women face the same repercussions as men do..

just even more men don't report then women who don't report.

• Nobody should ever hit anybody for any reason.

Also the girl he cheats with isn't the cheater. The girl he is isn't the one she trusts, the one she loves. it shouldn't be the other woman's job to police your boyfriend. Why would someone outside of the relationship respect it when the people in it don't? The only people who can wreck a relationship are the people in said relationship.

• 0|0
  • Bullshit, my ex-friend slapped her boyfriend once and she was arrested.

What Guys Said 10

• This doesn't happen often. But our culture generally allows girls a certain amount of indulgence to be violent.

Isn't it interesting that Fembots defend this double standard? I recently wrote a My Take about it. Check it out.

• Because they're pissed and know they can hit a guy without repercussions.

I understand they got pissed, I would too, but hitting someone cause of that isn't right and should be arrested.

• Call the Police on them and they will.

the law is the law, assault is assault.

• @Betwyn But the cops will arrest her depending on what she did, and that "depending" varies from men to woman. A man will get arrested for a slap, a woman won't.
      Sure, she'll get arrested if she punches her, but not every cop will believe that. Most times the girl ends up free of being arrested.

• and back in the day, that is how violence against women was treated.

Keep reporting.. and it will shift.

Be the change!

• Honesty, people see women way different then men. E-fucking-quality people, a girl definitely can't hit you, like you can't hit her. Nevertheless the reason.

• well guys are stronger so if we hit her will knock her down , but if she hits you she wouldn't be able to do much damage so some women take that advantage, also they believe hitting a man is a brave thing to do.

• You do know girls can go to jail too for attacking someone. Doesn't matter who it is, whoever strikes first is at fault.
    Also, I know guys who went to beat up the guy the girl cheated with, which makes no sense. The other guy isn't at fault there.

• lol Victorianna blocked me XD I guess some people don't like philosophy

• I once dated an insane girl who got mad at me when I caught her cheating. She threw a coffee much at my face (ducked and it hit the wall). Sex was great though.

• Not very true. It all depends on the person.

• Use it on 'em once and they think it's their dick...

• My ex hit me and I had her arrested for assault. She never put a hand on me again after that.