What is your impression of a female comedian?

I do standup and I was wondering what men think of women that do comedy? I am not foul mouthed but I do joke about Sex and stuff that is adult. Nothing X rated. Do you think we are obnoxious attention whores. Do you like a female that I will just say has at least average looks average weight do you think it would draw you in or turn u off? I sort of have the style like Elaine from Seinfeld. I have been told that. More appearance and how I dress. Not that I copy her.

I heard guys saying damn this is hot then boom the punch line

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont believe in female standup comedians. most of them have to get vulgar or say jokes about their vaginas all the time to force a laugh out. they just dont got it. are there exceptions. hell yeah there are. even amogst men very few really "make the difference". stand up comedy is really hard. one person, no effects, entertaining an audience for an hour or more. its badass.

• if you tell your name i can check your works and make a judgedment about you as a stand up comedian... .

• I am not at that level yet of having video clips posted I am new to this but I went up the same night as the winners from different comedy festivals in Toronto and Portland and Seattle and a lots who just came back from performing on the road. And I have to say I got the best reaction. It felt really awesome. I just need to keep showing up and working my craft.

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer hem foul mouthed actually. I like female comedians that don't factor in the fact that they're a female and just do the standup. Sure make jokes about the sexes but don't make everything about: "Being a female comedian." Just be a comedian.

What Guys Said 14

• I think the problem with a lot of female comedians is that they only play to half the crowd. Preaching to the choir is great if you want a lot of amens, but you don't grow the congregation that way. It's much more common among males to make themselves the butt of the joke.

• Male comics have a far better track record then female, but there are some good ones.

Main issue the run into is the become repeditive and boring. Amy Schumer is a fine example of that. Brilliant, but the jokes become very pridictable.

• haha I love it I like Sarah Silverman.

• Honestly, you sounds fabulous. That is an attractive feature for a lot of guy, so you chillin.

• I don't think y'all are attention whores, but I do think it's nice when a female comedian can talk about things other than sex. Seems like sex is very common among female comedians.

• Not for me. It's rare to meet a woman who's funny. I tried to watch one once and it was like watching a fire in an orphanage. Woman just don't get what makes funny funny. Most woman think funny is some idiot acting like a clown. I think billy connolly is the funniest man alive but it's rare women find him funny because a lot of his jokes you have to think about.

• I don't have a problem with female comedians at all, I just think they're often not that funny. If one can make me laugh then that's great :).

• I think it's incredibly difficult for females to be comedians. Almost as difficult -- but not quite -- as it is for republicans to be comedians.

But consider the greats. They all share the same attribute. They're incredibly secure and have zero problems poking fun at themselves. They also understand not to take ANY situation seriously -- or at least come off that way.

Tiny Fey, Amy Poehler, Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy all very much like this. Bridesmaids, Parks & Recreations, and 30-Rock are perfect examples of what I consider to be excellent female comedians.

• Make a joke about small dick OP, original one

• Women aren't funny. It's been proved by science.

• Tell that to all the people who crack up around me on a regular basis.

• Oh wait lol your answer looks kind of like sarcasm.

• @lanternhill I'm guilty of generalisation. I've actually seen few funny female comedians compared to men. The late Joan Rivers was funny, I will admit.

• Girls who are funny, are attractive

• I think the male comedians are a lot funnier.

• Not girlfriend material

• A lot of the good one seem to be lesbians but other than that I wouldn't mind being with an attractive one, the Elaine character was nice looking, I'm pretty comical myself but I'm not always good at telling the whole story of a joke

What Girls Said 1

• You just do your thing. No reason why female comedians should be viewed differently from male ones :)