Is it ok to simply ask a girl if she likes you?

there's this girl i like from school and i'm 99% sure she likes, but i don't know how to take things further from here because the most we do is flirt. i want to know for sure if she likes me, would it be okay to just ask her?

Most Helpful Girl

• The answer will be like oh I like you but you are not my style. My style is some evil guy who threat me to kill me if he doesn't get attention or rich guy making me forget about how miserable my ass looks compare to those girls on tv. Other wise I will sell sex make my own life independent and stuck with some loser having a baby is the least thing any girl wish.

• i reported this nonsense ages ago but it hasn't been removed yet. just shows the moderation on this site is in the shitter

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls are weird beings, they act like they're into you and when you ask them they say no. First you need to make sure you're not too friend-ish, IF you are too friend-ish in your eyes it will as least seem like she's flirting, but she Is having fun. If she says stuff like, "oh he (YOU) is my friend." Then you're screwed and I'm not sure how to help you. But if not, (you don't have to do this.) Put a little tension on it, say stuff like "so who's your crush?" Throw the precautionary lifesaver before going into the ocean.

What Girls Said 7

• Sounds normal lol!

• Of course! There's only two answers she could say, yes or no!

• Yeah, you can do that...

• Maybe you should volunteer that you like her, and see how she responds so that it doesn't put her on the spot as much.

• Just ask her, she's not gonna flirt with you unless she likes you. If she doesn't then you dont really want to date a person who flirts with everyone anyway

• yeah

• bro go for it

What Guys Said 13

• It depends on how old you are. If you are in high school or junior high, you should just ask her out.

• i know thats the first thing that comes to mind, but all we have done so far is flirt. it doesn't make sense for us to be friends the one minute (even friends who like each other) and the next minute im asking her out on a *real date*

• Trust me on this, and (no offense to them) don't listen to the rest. This is the way it works. Talk with her, make her laugh, put her in a good mood, and then ask her on a date. (A real date by the way. Don't equivocate.) I'm trying to save you from having to learn this the hard way.

• It is okay, just do it when you two are alone.
    Preferably hanging out together.

• On second thought, just straight up ask her out on a date. Make it clear it's a date.
      If she says yes, there's a 90% chance she knows you like her, and I guess a 90% chance she likes you back.

You could still confess to her during the date.

I really hope you can have the courage to go through with this. I've hung out with my crush three times, planned to confess twice, planned to ask her to prom once, and never went through with any of the confessing or asking to prom.

DO NOT LET YOUR LIFE BE REGRETTABLE.

• Ask her to get some food with you and go for a walk, just you 2. Then... try to read her expression, but you should tell her. 99% is a lot.

• Sure. Relationships have formed from less.

• Yeah, ask her if she says no then you haven't lost anything but if she says yes you may gain a relationship better to do that than waste time on wondering...

• Dude. You live in the Facebook generation where you can just drop her a note coward. Like really. When I was in high school, I had to grow a pair of balls and ask straight up. You can text, e-mail, Facebook etc. Shit. Just ask her already.

• Yessss?

• hopefully?

• Yep, girls love that

• Yes lad go for it

• Yep. Grow some balls and make a move. That's probably what she's waiting for. You don't have to tell her you like her if your flirting then she knows you like her. She isn't stupid I'm sure. Just ask her out and she'll know you like her and then you'll know for sure if she likes you by her answer. Just might be waiting for you to make the first move. Bottom line.

• You could, but she may lie. Girls want you to admit you do before they do, or well most girls do, if not all

• Yepp... better to ask and be potentially happy or never ask and filled with regret