Would you advise online dating? For something long lasting?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• My thoughts for life in general are that everything is worth trying. However, chances are finding anything meaningful through online dating are slim. It does happen, but you'll have to endure some shitty luck first, if it happens at all.

• It all depends on your attitude. If you sign up honestly expecting to find your soulmate, you'll be disappointed. If you sign up thinking "why not, won't hurt my chances" it might work out

• this... i did meet my current girl online... well... she met me and she pretty fucking amazing. and... technically she's not my girl but still :) she wants to be though.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know several couples who met online and are happily married. My aunt and uncle met online in the 80s when computer dating first started!

What Guys Said 13

• There are people that are interested in long term relationships on there. I bet it can be hard to find a person very compatible. I bet a large percentage of them just tend to not be appealing to the majority or people. I know that is a negative way to see the situation but I think it's realistic. I bet a lot of those people aren't many people's first pick (to put it positively). Also I bet a large percentage of those people don't really want to be serious. I bet they use it as a way to casually date and have sex. I do believe there are people you may like a lot though and be very compatible with. It may take diligent effort to find them though.

• I've looked threw a few site out of curiosity and 99% of the girls on there openly advertise big read flags (when it comes to relationships) almost to the point that I think they are trolling sometimes. Every once in a while one or two girls might come off as half way normal on the surface, but it's not very common. So I'd guess the odds are pretty low.

About the only way I could imagine finding someone halfway decent would be to set up my own site with what I think is important and have a chick take personality test/quiz and if she got a reasonably high compatibility. If she does, say if you're still interested drop me a message and maybe we can set something up. lol No one would want to go threw that much work though. :D

• Yeah, it increases your chance of meeting SOMEONE. Not necessarily the right one.

• Yes but not all sites are created equal. You need to use the right sites. POF and Tinder are no good

• Most people on POF and Tinder are looking for hookups.

• @YourCaptainSpeaking exactly. If you want a relationship you'll have more success on match, okc, eharmony. Generally anything you have to pay for to communicate is better. You'll still run into the guys who want hookups but not as much

• I think it can broaden your chances of meeting someone, but it is not an absolute.

• There are sooo many people online dating. Someone out there is just like you! If you want a ltr, just say so, if you just want a hookup, say that. I've been successful with online dating for both. I'm currently 8months in to a relationship, and we are not looking for anyone else. So, you most certainly can look for whatever your looking for on online dating.

• No. I wouldn't.

• I tried. I failed. I gave up. I went truth denial. I tried again. I failed again. I sad fuck it I quit. I tried again and again and again, and now I really quite. Mind that this is about 5 years worth of so called trying (barely).

• a try won´t hurt but don´t put all your money on that horse if you know what i mean.

• Not even a little bit. Go out and meet people the real way.

• Nah, online dating is so imaginary.

• Definitely! One in four marriages in the UK currently are from online dating

• nah but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try anyway

What Girls Said 8

• my man and i met online in November 2014~ after a month, we met in person, and we've now been together for over a year.

admittedly, i was not looking for a lasting relationship when i created that profile; i did so only because a good friend suggested that i try it, and i went into it with very low expectations. but i figured that it might be fun and, once my (now-) boyfriend contacted me, i realized that there are decent people out there.

(he was looking for a long-term relationship, but we were super-compatible, so i decided to give him a chance. if i hadn't, i would have missed out on life with an amazing guy.)

as @Dan2287 said, not all sites are created equal. okcupid is a good one, since you can answer questions to determine compatibility with other users~ some of them are personal, to the point of being creepy, but they do help you to find better matches.

• Yes, now a days people resort to online dating and I think you could potentially finds someone in the long run on there x

• I don't think it's something to 'resort' to anymore. Maybe there's a perception that Internet dating is for people who are incapable of dating in the conventional but that's really not true in my experience.

• Possibly so. Maybe one of those proper dating sites like plenty of fish, we have one here called eharmony etc
    I think everyone is resorting to online dating nowadays so I think finding someone online would give you more chances of being with someone then if you were to find someone at a bar/cafe/restaurant

• For your age group no. For people above 35 yes.

• I agree with you.

The younger people are, the less do things like social status, money or standard of education matter. Online, you can search directly for such people who meet these standards apart from physical standards as well. In Germany there's a site called "ElitePartner" and it's supposed to be for university graduates. (Only 6% of the world population have a degree)

• Nope. It does always end in fairytales!

• It could work, but I think it would be challenging.

• I was on it and I've had 3 boyfriends off tinder.. Anywhere from 4 months to 10 months...

• My friend met her husband on OKC. And I know people who are in LTRs from OLD. But in my experience it's a crapshoot. And it can be really tiring to go out with person after person who you don't click with. Plus, you don't actually know the person or what they're really looking for.