Guy I am Dating Asked To Just Be Friends?

I have been dating someone new our relationship is new as well we been dating for about 3 weeks and he has a lot of problems that really hurt my heart for example his 3 yr old daughter has passed in December and now everything has gotten worst bc his mother passed of cancer in this month. I told him anything he needs i will help him and help him of what he is going though... he text me saying "i just want to be alone can we be friends for now " this made me worried and have me thinking should i just move on or i should just be his friend and see where it goes? Also how long is too is it too long to wait for someone dealing with this?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be there for him right now. That's awful to go through 😞

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he doesn't feel like he can commit because he's going through a grieving period

What Girls Said 1

• He has lost 2 very important people in his life in 2-3 months. The guy needs time to process it all. I really have to side with the guy this time.
    I suggest being friends.. That's what he needs.