Why are women being falsely labelled as gold diggers for wanting a man with financial prowess?

What happened to the survival of the fittest? In today's world, men don't need physical strength to hunt or protect their women from animal hostility. But we still face recession, inflation and skyrocketed real estate prices. Women still want to be protected and take care of their offspring.

I have an example, after the one-child policy was implemented in China. A lot of female fetuses were aborted. Now men are outnumbering women by a lot. Poor men have no chances of finding a wife.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bitter broke guys who are angry at women for exercising our options. They want to have equal access to women who are out of their league. I don't know what they're mad for. There are plenty of fat baby mamas ready and willing to date them.

• True I just have standards and don't want to be with a lazy broke guy.

• is that really it? i think its more of young men without financial means and older men who won't share their wealth that dont like gold diggers.

What Guys Said 36

• That's a gold digger you just described. You don't want a partner, you want a security net. Your concern is not with the man, but with what he can provide to you materially.

• Maybe because it's 21st century and women have perfectly capable of making money and buying their own shit lol u r being dumb

• Well any time you are with someone and it's not based on looks/appearance and personality your choosing them based off their wallet then you are a gold digger. There is no false labelling, it's the truth.

• Of course nobody wants a deadbeat but If you want a man with financial prowess as you put it, and you yourself don't make no money, that makes you condecending and I would say your a golddigger. If your limiting your dating pool to wealthy or rich guys than your a golddigger and missing out, nothing wrong with a hard-working guy no matter what he makes a year! Using the primal instincts defense is lame! Woman worked hard to get the same pay and rights as a man and it's a shame to here that defense, also what about the woman being rich with a stay at home dad, what would you say about that?

• If you want a man that is:

- attractive
    - charming
    - fit
    - funny
    - spiritual
    - a good father figure
    AND
    - financially stable

No one will criticize you.

If you want a man that is:

- financially stable

Then you are a gold digger.
    Wanting only a part of a person is wrong no matter what that part is.

• It's very ironic that happened to ask this question on the same day that I ripped a guy for this:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1910151-the-women-don-t-owe-you-anything-mentality-is-it-justified-or

• Is it falsely labeling when we come across shit like this all the time?
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1786461-i-want-a-sugar-daddy-so-i-m-an-18-year-old-girl-i-m-tired-to-ask

• Considering they aborted the women themselves, it is purely their own responsibility that now there aren't enough women.

And yes, explicitly seeking out males primarily for the purpose of using them as a financial provider is the definition of being a gold digger. Some people don't like being called a "slut" either, but if they meet the definition, then that is what they are.

• Because God forbid if your preferences don't line up with all of the losers that this world has an abundance of. I know that sounds pretty harsh but it's true. People get mad because they don't have the wealth or the girl themselves so they call the girl a gold digger to make themselves feel better. Everyone does crap like this and I'm no exception.

• There's so much contradiction in your question :D

Basically you're saying women want to live comfortably at the expense of someone else, yet then wonder why they're getting "falsely" called gold diggers.
    www.quickmeme.com/.../...93f8ae6ebec110885de6c.jpg

• It's not false. You should be providing for yourself. It's one thing to not want a man to leech off you, it's another to expect to leech off of him.

• I have so little patience for that shit. One time, I was dating this girl and for like, a month I had been paying for all the dinners and stuff, so when we get to this place I told her
    "Hey babe, I forgot my wallet at my place, do you have any money on you?"

She made this look on her face and was like
    "ok, fine, as long as this doesn't become a thing"

I told her to forget it, call your brother, have him pick you up. I just left her there

• lol that is the typical gold digger argument... I've heard it before, and I'm sure I'll hear it again...

You know what's impressive in a woman? When she's hot enough to be able to be able to have had a free ride marrying some rich dude or by modeling or some other bullshit, but in the face of it all she works her little ass off to be something better. She confident in herself. She know how to make it in the world. She's knows she might make mistakes sometimes and fail, but she's willing to make those decisions and clean up her messes on her own when they happen. You don't have to treat her like a little girl because she'll be alright and you can trust in that...

• Why are you making recession, inflation and skyrocketed real estate prices a problem for men to solve? Women should be part of the solution just as much as men. Don't be so entitled.

• because men want women to choose them before they make the money the way it should be. im past the age of accepting a women as a wife because now i make money and had to struggle alone for the most part so now no women will reap the benefits of my work.

• Money's nothing in this life. It's what the souless use to fill the big empty void where their humanity is meant to be. It's bits of paper. Symbols of what should be an anachronistic symbol of population control. The happiest people in this world don't have a penny in their pockets. Nor want any

• Yes they deserve to be called gold digger. Please elaborate ur question. Do u see financial prowess as the only aspect? If yes, u are definitely a gold digger. U might accept a 70 years old obese pervert granpa as long as he have the dough. He is a man too right?

• Forget china, this is USofA.
    No, they're just labeling you. You're smart for wanting someone financially fit. But plan to be able to contribute as well, so figure out how to be the same. A guy doesn't want someone that just wants a meal ticket. You'll have to be a little more creative than just bringing a vagina to the table.
    Too many women are looking at this backwards. What exactly are YOU bringing to the relationship? So the wealthy guy is gonna look at you and want you WHY?

• How is one wrongly labeled a gold digger when she judges a man by his "finiancial prowess" thats exactly what that term means!

• Women still want to be protected and take care of their offspring.

Most women will always do what they need to do, whether it be use men, lie to them, lead them on IF they absolutely need something and their life's stability is in jeopardy.

It then causes the guys who thought they had something with the girl to react.

ALL she has to say is, I thought we were friends. Anything he says after is considered needy, desperate, clingy, creepy.

• It's one thing for a woman to want a man who has some financial stability, but it's a whole different story if money is the sole or primary reason that she's with the man.

• You kinda answered your own question there... Nothing anyone can say to you will do anything but annoy you at this point I feel. good luck

• This is the definition of gold digger.

• Poor man find sugar mama. He got step up his game

• Answer me this. Why is it acceptable in society for women to leech off of men but the reverse is seen as a deadbeat or lazy bum?

• I agree...

One time I "talked to" a girl who was the daughter of a billionaire...

Since then, I will never blame a girl for being a "gold digger"...

• life is tough. but then don't be a pussy and believe peopel should defend you haha.

• Men don't need to be alpha males to ensure their offspring have adequate resources to survive. But women always looking for confidence. First thing out of their mouths all the time

• It's not a matter of wanting a man who has financial stability it's the women who refuse to date a guy unless he has money and turns him down or brakes it off with him when she find out he doesn't have a lot of money.

• said every gold digger on earth... .

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 10

• I think women are fully capable of getting shit done on their own. I'm not one to sit there and say: woe is me, "I'm gonna starve unless a man takes care of me" like a little bitch. No, being a leech/parasite is a pathetic way to live. It's feels so good to earn things on your own. That's not to say that a husband or boyfriend can't help but it's not fair to put the burden soley on them.

• Because wanting to be with someone for financial means suggests that your main prerogative is monetary gain. Survival of the fittest, as you put it, should inspire you to do the surviving, not leach off of someone.

• The question is logically wrong. If your criterion/one of the criteria IS his financial prowess, the no matter the reason, you are a gold digger. What you add to the party is just the reason why you are a gold digger. (not saying you personally, but in general)

• I don't see how that's false labeling. Sounds like a golddigger to me.

• That's just what gold digger is. You want someone for his money. Not for himself.

• You are right. A lot of men are just bitter, angry and don't have the balls to man up.

• You are right. Women should not be labelled as gold diggers for wanting a financially stable man.

• Yup... you're right of course. Guys want to be the man but not be the man at the same time.

• Because if she doesn't want someone broke she's apparently a gold digger.
    I think women have just as big a right to want someone financially secure as men have to want someone with a big ass and small waist.
    If Im gonna have children with someone I'd like him to be able to contribute with something financially too, otherwise it's gonna be too hard.

• because women are falsely labelled as sooo many things all the time. Sluts, gold diggers, puritans... it sucks, it really does. People like to judge, there will always be ways to judge them... guys are judged too so just learn to stop thinking about what ignorant judgers say and believe what you think is right.

On the other hand... I do get the financial power thing, but women should probably want to have that themselves rather than finding someone to do that for them.