Do you think in 10 years women will start asking men out on dates on a mass scale?

I strongly believe that in the next ten years women will be approaching men and paying for their dates.

• yes
  • no
it seems men wants masculinity to be traditional

Most Helpful Girl

• in my opinion if girls aren't into you now they won't suddenly be if they had to approach. I don't think asking will make woman less picky at all, if anything it would make them more picky, more competitive. If they are going to have to more or less take care of you, you better have pretty fierce genes and many would probably be willing to fight for the top. The top will become less picky and things would probably just get a lot worse for most men. She may settle and make a move for someone not on the top when the clock starts ticking but maybe not, not if she feels she has a chance with the top. I really don't think things will get better for most guys if the roles were reversed. I really don't think guys would like it if woman had even more power but I could absolutely be wrong.

I for one have always asked guys out, I like having control of the relationship. I have always paid and been able to take my time with the sexual stuff... they are on my time table. I am extremely picky and abhor being asked out, feels weak. Most of my girlfriends are in the same boat as me but they are all picky and they would rather die alone or just get pregnant by who they think has great genes (if they get desperate) and then marry each other for the tax breaks and for the 2 incomes... they can help each other raise each others kids and date guys if they want or not. I don't think it would be smart for guys to give away any more power... but that's just me. To each their own.

• That was possibly the most sexist rant I have ever seen on this site.

• When two people with similar incomes marry in the US, they pay MORE income tax, not less.

Yep.

Less was a thing, until, like, 10-15 years ago.

I mean, do you really think the IRS is not the biggest force behind legalizing gay marriage? #letsgetrealhereyall

• @redeyemindtricks
      haha I love it!! That's actually pretty true!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see how it will benefit guys.

The same guys who currently bitch about getting rejected aren't going to suddenly have girls flocking to them and asking them out. If anything it would be harder because if girls make the first move they will be approaching primarily based on physical appearance just like guys currently do. If you dont know the person thats the only thing you have to go on, so attractiveness will be the main criteria by which girls will decide who to approach. Youd also potentially have the annoyance of girls you aren't interested in approaching you. So youd be forced to waste time interacting with girls you have zero interest in.

When guys are expected to make the first move you get the benefit of choosing who you want to interact with AND you get the chance to win her over with your personality if your looks aren't stellar.

The only thing I hate is the expectation that guys would pay for the dates, Im totally cool with that tradition dying in a fire. Also girls who purposely play hard to get or act disinterested really suck. Otherwise Im fine with being expected to make the first move.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, I hope so. When I tell people that I ask men out and get rejected, they laugh at me. And I'm like "let's see how successful you'd be".

Men seem to be happy that I get rejected. Why? I don't know. I guess they like to see women suffer rejection as well.

It'll stop some of men's bitching for sure.

• This isn't going to happen unless something severely skews the sexual proportions of the population resulting in very few men. But that can't happen in 10 years.

• I think if anything the pendulum has swung back to traditional gender roles.

• Possibly. I can see that maybe happening actually, I've been tempted a few times to myself. :p

What Guys Said 13

• It's started to change, especially girls in their early 20s. I've been asked out by girls before and even had a few pay. One in particular wound up paying for the first two (long story). But nah, it'll still be unbalanced in 10 years.

• Nope. Men have been courting women since Adam and Eve. I doubt in just 10 years in will magically start changing now.

• That's a pretty good question. I'm leaning towards yes because for example many (maybe most?) college-educated women want to date college-educated men. Currently, women outnumber men in universities and women graduate more often than men. Plus, I've read somewhere than single women in the US outnumber single men by 3,400,000. So, in 10 years possibly women might start taking more initiative when it comes to dating. But who knows what happens a decade from now?

• That will happen when women become superior to men. So far I don't think nature intended that. So maybe never

• No.

Men will keep becoming less masculine. But, women won't step up to fill the void.

• I'm shocked at the women's votes to be honest

• "it seems men wants masculinity to be traditional"

Uuuuhhhh... no.

It just means that us guys are realistic - the day that when women start asking men out on dates is the day that pigs will fly

• Women are already doing it because more women are taking positions of leaderships

• finland, norway, sweden, the u. s., my suggestion is stop asking women and wait

• Three of these countries are near to me. I wonder if there are any girls here that will back up those claims. This will never happen in my country, since feminism doesn't apply to any areas where girls could potentially be rejected. But hey, my next reply will be after ten years time and I'll let you know ;)

• In 10 years people will have virtual sex. In our population will rapidly decrease in developed countries.

• Nope. I don't.

• I really doubt it.

• Its already good the way it is.

• B no, we are a long way from that ever happening, most women think men are creeps

• if one of those kardashians said it was cool, then yes.

• do you want it to change?

• you said "not necessarily"- which means you don't really want it to change. Then you say it would be nice.

• oh okay. i don't really mind the way it is, buy yes i'd like to see it change to see what it's like.