Girls, I need help with my girlfriend, I don't know what I did. What should I do?

We've been together for 8-9 months. We got home from a date, (walking around downtown, and Starbucks in the bookstore). We had an AMAZING time, and like I do every time I come home, I put my stuff on the table by the door, (keys and wallet) I then walked to the closet and opened the safe to put my gun into it, and she went CRAZY. I never did tell her that I carry, and she never noticed. She saw my guns and called me a psychopath and stormed out and won't answer calls or texts. What do I do?

What Girls Said 2

• Unfortunately, I don't think there's an easy fix for this. There may not be one at all. Some people are just very, VERY against guns, and no amount of reasoning with them will change their minds (I feel comfortable saying that because I'm one of those people). It would really freak me out if my boyfriend carried a gun around all the time. If that's the case with her, as it seems it may be, I don't know if there's anything you can do except wait to see if she'll come around. Even if she does, she may never be okay with you carrying a gun. In the future, it might be a good thing to disclose to your significant other that you carry, that way you can avoid this situation. I'm sorry she didn't handle it very well.

• This is very helpful. I appreciate your response.

• No problem, I hope things work out and she comes around. And if not, then I think it shows where your differences are. Maybe you would be better off with someone who understands/supports your decision to carry.

• I agree. Thanks again.

• leave her alone for a while to calm herself. wait a couple of days. then text that you're really sorry and you didn't know she had issues with guns. that you didn't mean to scare her and that it's really something you carry for protection but that if she feels safer if you don't carry it when you meet her, you won't (unless you want to) ... good luck!

• Thanks. I'm not backing down on carrying, I do it for a very good reason, and will carry everywhere I'm legally able to.

• yeah, I think it is. I'm sorry about what happened to you. Good luck!!

• Thanks!